TCCoA Forums banner

I Am The Proud Owner Of A Zex Kit!

3K views 49 replies 10 participants last post by  Fdawg03SVT 
#1 ·
I just bought a Zex Dry Nitrous System with an Autometer Nitrous Gauge and bottle heater for 315.00 shipped!

I cannot wait..................I should have it in a week or so I imagine.

I will keep yall informed and I am sure I'll have PLENTY of questions once I get it in.

Thanks for everyone who helped me in my Nitrous endevors.

Dave

#5 ·
Looking into that kit as well. Let me know how it goes installing. Just go tmy new license plate yesterday. If you look at it quick it looks like joy nox. :D

#8 ·
Where woudl you put it?
I just put all my switches in the center console (heater switch, nitrous master switch, chip switch, and purge button).

For a purge kit you may wanna look into this kit - http://www.speedshop.org/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=24

I have one, and it worked great. I think I just blew a line so only air comes out now. I didn't use their tubing, and with what I used I think it's just a little weak. I do have some cooper tubing to put in, just need to quit being lazy.
Oh, and I got the dual outlet kit.

#10 ·
SanDiegoLXBird said:
I didn't notice if you grabbed and RPM window switch, but those are a good idea. Or so I hear.
Not really needed for a dry kit. Pretty much neccesary for a wet kit unless you wanna end up like Joel or Keith :D

#14 ·
GreenBird said:
no a window switch is a good idea, you just set it to 1000 through revlimiter-200rpm. NO2+rev limiter = :(

I never said it was a bad idea. I just said it's not really needed, which is true.
Have a chip burned for nitrous, have the rev limiter set to around 6500, and you won't really need to worry.
Basically, if you don't have or wanna spend the money no you don't have to. You could always buy it later
www.harlan-engineering.com

$55 fully adjustable window switch

#16 ·
DMcBrideBoston said:
Well, my nitrous has arrived, but now it looks like the tranny may be going, so I may have to wait a bit before I can send a bottle through it. But I will definetly still hook it up and have it ready to go.
Live a little Dave! Heck if the tranny is going anyway why not help it along. :D Fourth of July style.

#18 ·
DMcBrideBoston said:
Help it huh......

I need it to last a few more months so I have enough for the Dennis R Tranny.

If it goes now I will be getting a low mile 4R70W, i guess from Greenleaf.
Oh alright... sheesh no fun. Kidding ya man. Mine is going too and not ready to replace it yet. :mad:

#20 ·
DMcBrideBoston said:
Have you decided wether or not you are buying that other kit?
95% sure I'll get it. Haven't heard back from him since the 6th. :zdunno: Left him an email earlier this morning. Waiting for final price (shipping) and pix.

#22 ·
DMcBrideBoston said:
He works alot from two of the emails I got from him......Send him another email and don't worry. He'll hit ya back, It may just take a few days.
That's fine I don't mind the wait. It's not going in for a couple months anyway. Have to build up other parts first. :)

#24 ·
Just told him today that I'll take it. :D He's going to box it up tonight and I'll PayPal him tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.