TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have over 250k on my 4lw70 and a rebuilt engine. when i get on it to get out of the way of some idiot or just open it to get to speed i noticed it is started to slip. i have a question is there a five speed or a six speed that will bolt to our engine or am i going to need the same type of transmission. i dont mind getting anouther 4l70w transmission. i just want to ask is it best to stick with the transmission that will bolt to every thing? i have seen a five speed in a simular thunderbird the same 95 but i am baseing on what he said it was a auto. but i doubt it. i am wondering about the extra gear for fuel economy in a way. have a good performing engine with a extra gear if possible. i am just looking for some input i have seen a six speed transmission but i forgot what bolt pattern we have for the 4.6 v8. is it a six bolt or a 8 bolt pattern. i dont know if a trans out of a mustang will be a good choise to be honest because i have seen some being torn up from the ground up. i am afraid to get a used one and be in a spot where the trans be in a worse shape than the one i will be pulling out

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
It's a 4R70W.

:gotsearch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts