TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a little history for my issue. My transmission has been clicking while in gear and parked for a few months. Then had been smelling some type of fluid being burnt about a month ago. After checking it out it looks like my tranny is leaking onto my 3rd cat. get put in a constant limbo at work with the possibility of deploying (got canked a few times) So I couldn't take it somewhere to get fixed then find out on a whim that i was leaving for a couple months. Got back from ohio last week and when I started the car it sounded like something that was metal was spinning and draging on something internally. it went away after it warmed up. then came the marble in a tin can sound mixed with the scraping sound. it comes and goes but it's pretty loud. any ideas whats wrong? I put some fluid in there and it kinda helped but not really. i don't plan on driving it unless it's straight to a shop.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Take it to RobertP and let him check it out, it will likely be cheaper to just pick up a later model transmission and have him adapt it.
Alan

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just found out what was making the spinning metal sound as i replace the serpentine. The a/c pully is like free floating or some crap and wobbling all over the place... 2nd possible reason my a/c doesn't work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts