TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it early today and at first sight I knew I had to have it. I went after work and drove it. Very clean, nice car. I didn't open it up all the way but I was quickly doing 60 in third gear. I'm bringing it home tomorrow, they want to make sure my check is good before I take it. I paid more than I really wanted to but less than they wanted. I think the guy figured out a little too late what a rare car it is, he said he was surprised about how many calls he was getting about the car. Tomorrow will be a banner day at the Slinger household. My T-Bird is coming home and the modding will begin.
:cool:
GUN

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
You lucky lucky man!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And for the record, her name is Emily. Named after Pink Floyd's song "See Emily Play". I wanted to name one of my daughters Emily, but got shot down by my babies mommas. Now I have my own baby and she can definitely play.:cool:
GUN

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey Gunslinger, where'd you see the SC online? I normally watch Autotrader in our area to see about MN12's... Was it the one at Lathem or Lanthem, or whatever it was?

Cannot wait to see pics.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it on autotrader.com and yes it was the one at Lathems. I picked it up today and it is now sitting 5 feet from my front door. It's a beast, great power but I gotta get used to the shifting. It shifts so much differently than my S-10. I'll probably take pictures this weekend if the weather is nice. I'm definitely glad I got it.
GUN

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Haha, I was eyeing that car for weeks. I was not sure if it was a 5-speed though because they said 4-speed manual with OD. That threw me off. Good Buy! They haven't taken it off Autotrader or their web site yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I noticed that, but I haven't seen a 4 speed manual anything for years. Sometimes you just see something you want and you just gotta jump on it. I missed buying a Vette a few months ago because I waited too long to call the guy. Now I'm actually glad I missed out on the Vette.
GUN

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I wanted a 95 5-speed for a long time too. But my dad and I found a 94 and was happy with that. It's come a long way from 9 months ago - but my dad loves it enough, it's not going anywhere.

There's still a few things that need to be done on it. The side skirt door pieces need to go on, windows need re-tinted, needs a good cleanup inside and out, among other things. 94/95 SC's look sweet and with them being a 5 speed, it makes it better. Can't wait for spring when the SC can come out and play more.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
668 Posts
I am crazy mad Jealous. I am going to get a 95 SC so i have a pair. A 95 4.6L and a 95 SC. Sounds to me like a combo made in heaven. And I think they will both be the same color.

Congrats on the find bro. :thumbsup: I am still jealous though. Watch your back. J/K:ztoohot:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 96 4.6LX and love that car. It outruns damn near anything around here. The 95 outruns the 96 AND it's a stick. If any of you get a chance to pick up a 95 SC 5-spd buy it. Buy it now! You will be amazed at how far the other cars end up behind you. It's actually fun to watch them catch up in the rear-view while you're at the next light.
GUN

1 - 13 of 13 Posts