TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i went to circut city and they were punks runnin for commission in there..GRR...so i went to bestbuy after looking at city and finding nothing in my price range besides generics..

the guy in bestbuy was really helpful...i told him i didnt want one that the face folds down to put the cd in..i think they look dumb and too much $$$ he showed me this one
http://www.aiwa.com/default.asp?page=products&action=viewProduct&prod=310

it was 99.99 and i thought it looked nice...he said it was a very good player for the price...so now i come to ask you audio people...is it good? or junky? on aiwa.com it says msrp : 169.99 but u never know about these things...

any info if this is good or bad? and how hard to install?

thx

Kevin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't pay $100 for it man

i have an month old aiwa cdc-x217 that i'd give away for $50 +shipping. It has the same features as the cdc-x227, except this is from the year before so the face looks a little different. I personally think it looks better than the new ones. This head unit is in mint condition though and i guarantee it works perfectly. I got a good deal on one of the fancy ones with the motorized face so i took it. I have the box and manual for the aiwa, and i'll even throw in a wiring harness to fit your tbird for free. if you need to see what it looks like here's a link Aiwa CDC-X217 Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its too late! i bought it already hence the post i bought this ;)

BUT i got the 4 year warrenty...so if i dont like it my face will break and ill get my moneys back...my bro is hooking it up as i type this...and i kinda like it...we shall see tho

thx for the offer ill keep it in mind if i take this one back

i like the fact i got a warreenty on it tho just inc ase

·
Registered
735 Posts
im sorry bro

just saw this post and its toooo late. I used to work for BB on the side and CC for a few years back. Most recently BB. The AIWAs thank god you got the service plan cause ive had so many come back cause they wont accept the CD or it gets stuck. I know which one youre talking about cause they put it in the ad. You have to eject and put it back in otherwise it jsut grinds and whines.

They have a 30 day policy. Take it back and I can give you some online places or help you find a better quality deck.

I do installs because its my hobby, not because I need the money. But hey, play money is play money. lol

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ugh sorry I didn't read this earlier man.

Umm, good luck with it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Aiwa S*u*c*k

I agree .....aiwa's suck to be straight out, the cd electronics don't last and the cd player will stop reading the disc, and then all hell breaks loose...Get a panasonic, or pioneer. They will last a long long time..trust me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with the rest AIWA's are junk. If you have the money go with the Pioneer but if not then go back to circuit city and get yourself an alpine. I have one in my bird and I love it but no matter which one you get make sure you get the warrenty. Anything can break no matter how good it is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i got the 4 year plan...so whenever it stops working ill drop the face..ON ACCIDENT and crack the lcd display...and just get my moneys back and get a new better one...but for now it looks and sounds pretty sweet...no troubles in the past 4hrs with it ;)

thx for all the info..better late then never...now i know whats up with cdplayers and when this one gives out it will go back :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
just like to let you know that the 4yr plan (i worked for best buy as a tech) also covers cleanings........so every once in a while (maybe 3-6 mos or so depending on how often you listen to CD's) pop the deck out and take her in for a cleanin'

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Hey, Skele.. You live in Joliet? Do you know where Dyer, IN is? It's right on the boarder.. near Lansing... If you have any problems, or something.. I can hook you up with some Nice Pioneer's =) I got a Pioneer DEH-6300 for 150 bucks new and in the box... =) (The one with the Race car and "Thunderbird" screen-savers) Good luck!

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
Hey, Skele.. You live in Joliet? Do you know where Dyer, IN is? It's right on the boarder.. near Lansing... If you have any problems, or something.. I can hook you up with some Nice Pioneer's =) I got a Pioneer DEH-6300 for 150 bucks new and in the box... =) (The one with the Race car and "Thunderbird" screen-savers) Good luck!
Hey anthrax do you still have that deck. If so would you be willing to ship over here to Ohio?

Later,
jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts