TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a discovery today. I finally got my car back together and on the road (yay!) and realized that I no longer had to do the 3rd to 1st shift to get into first gear (I've always had to shift into another gear before going to 1st). We replaced the motor mounts and that has allowed me to shift directly into first gear. The motor was raised probably 3-4 inches from where the old busted mounts had it sitting. I'm so happy! And now that I don't have to sit there and hold the clutch in at a stop, I might wait to switch out the clutch for now. It's still heavy, but now I can put it in neutral while at a light or whatever.

:headbang::zbeer::znanner:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm glad you got it fixed by doing something cheaper and easier than the transmission removal and rebuild. It's strange when you replace something not directly related to fix a problem. We run into that kind of thing at work every once in a while. You are chasing a problem and going through everything that could be related to it and it turns out to be something completely elsewhere effecting it indirectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts