TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I walk into the kitchen to make some toast for breakfast. The paper is sitting in it's usual spot next to the breadbox, and on the top of the stack in the entertainment section.

I see the word "Matrix" with a picture of Neo standing in the rain. I'm really excited about seeing the final episode to this incredible trilogy, and read anything about it; in this case it was a big mistake.

Since reporters get to see the picture a day or two early, they will give you their impression of how it was directed, whether they were disappointed or not, who did a good job in their role, if the plot worked, impressions about the special effects, etc. But never do they serve up the main conclusion to the move.... and I won't either.

But, this guy did. He trashed the movie, gave it a C grade, and because he didn't like it, within the first 2 sentences proclaimed the end to everyone, not an actual scene, but the general conclusion to the film. In an instant, I felt like somebody ran over my dog.

I'm so ticked off right now I don't know what to do. I'm definately contacting the paper. I hate critics anyway, but this is waaaay out of line. Whatever you do, if you read the St. Petersburg Times movie reviews, or if your newspaper carries the opinions of film critic Steve Persall - DO NOT READ IT.

Ahhhhhhh!

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I hate that crap. I dont believe in movie critics. They dont do anything but bash movies that they wouldnt have ever been able to create in the first place. I dont agree with Steve Persall giving away the end of the movie either. What a crock.

I'm gonna see the movie tomorrow regardless of what anyone says....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
lol... that does suck man :uppoint: . I absolutly HATE when someone ruins a movie that I was really looking forward to seeing. That and movies getting over hyped..... I cannot stand having high expectations for a movie... only to see it and be disappointed.

On a side not, I'm not really looking forward to the new matrix... I'll probably go see it, but I think they waited waaaay to long to release the second and third one. I loved the first one... it's an awesome movie. But the second one just seems... stale, if you will.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
SC_Steve said:
the second one just seems... stale, if you will.
:zwthstpd:

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I hate movie critics...they're all boneheads. Thanks for the heads up CyLum, I won't look at any reviews just in case some other bonehead did the same thing.

Hey, we agree on something ;)

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I can "handle" this situation, and ones like the dog getting run over, with much discretion, for only a nominal fee;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Hey, we agree on something ;)
Some things are just wrong.... oh, not that we agree, but the critic thing. :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Here is my take on movie reviewers. They give their own opinion, therefore their personal preferences mean everything. I am not like any movie critic I have seen. They just seem like losers who spend all their time nitpicking details. I am not like that so my tastes are almost always different than theirs. I am going to love Revolutions, no doubt about it.

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
i refuse to read any review or see any commercial about a movie i KNOW im gonna see. i change the channel everytime a commercial comes on and in the previews in the theater, i close my eyes and cover my ears.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chilipepprflea said:
i refuse to read any review or see any commercial about a movie i KNOW im gonna see. i change the channel everytime a commercial comes on and in the previews in the theater, i close my eyes and cover my ears.
I can hear you now "la la la la la I can't hear this la la la la" while everyone stares. hahaha lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts