TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is quite annoying...whenever i try to goose it off the line...it bogs a little until about 2500 rpm then it starts to pull. I cant burnout and it just doesnot throw me back in the seat like it used to. i lust put in new plugs...nothing is misfiring so i know the wires are ok and i havnt 'recharged' my K&N yet so i know it is probably not my MAF? I want my baby's bite back!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Get a J-mod shift kit. Then you will thrown back in your seat ;)

Cleaning MAF wires is free so you can always try that anyway.

-Shawn

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i tried that and it helped very little...what else can i try?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
tbirdracer97 said:
ok i tried that and it helped very little...what else can i try?
A looser TC and 3.73 gears.....

Also those plats have 6 times the resistance of copper, I'd either switch to
coppers for that large a gap or reduce the gap on those plats.....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok then...i thought it was just me that was having this problem...do you think that .056 is a good gap?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
wouldnt .4 be an ok gap? or does that come to close

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
tbirdracer97 said:
oh ok then...i thought it was just me that was having this problem...do you think that .056 is a good gap?
Personally i'd just put in a set of coppers. If you want try regapping your plats first at .056 and see how they perform, go for it if you prefer to keep them....

·
Registered
181 Posts
I always gap mine at .5, I think stock is .53.

I remember a long time ago Uncle J wrote a response to a plug question and said that if you NA you need to stick with the stock gap.

Or maybe it was on the chip manuel that I got. Either way I don't remember when, why it was written, but I remember what it said.

Cheers:cool:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The emissions tag under the hood.... always check there first .52 - .56 but depending on the gap tool... the nearest gap is .54 .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts