TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cold air intake that connects my 02 GT MAF to my Edelbrock 70mm throttle body. The shop that said that they could probably fabricate a metal one for me, have changed there mind. They told me to just put the stock (violin case) back on. &(*&#^*@, I don't want that thing on there.

I did a search and found the "Honda tube" thread, but there is not 1 store within 70 miles (and probably farther) that carries them. The one I REALLY want is the Richard M. tube, but it appears that he has quit making the darn things.

So...
If I somehow try to make the intake tube myself, what do I need to do?
Is the tube 3"?
Can it be a one piece rubber hose that goes the entire span?
What's involved with getting the small rubber tube that's attached to the air intake tube, on there?
Is it just rubber tubing and clamps that holds everything together?
Should everything (end connections and small side tube) be air tight?

What seems to be a simple piece, is turning out to be a major pain.

Somebody PLEASE give me some solid info on this one.

By the way,
What is that tube that's stuck in the side of the air intake tube? I've searched and not found any explanation as to what the function of that piece is.

Aaaarrg!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
some people have actually modified the insde of the violin case so as not to restrict airflow. i read this a long time ago, but i dont see any reason why it still wouldnt work. there was a richardM tube for sale a couple days ago in the for sale forum, maybe check that.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!

First time I've been to that forum...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts