TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh seems like when I'm mad I always make things worse. First off I hate snow, because due to it I now have to fix my car cus of my next moron decision! Okay Well I come home from school to slide my gold car off the driveway into a ditch in which getting it stuck, so I figure no biggie I'll just pull it out right? Well I (being an idiot) hook it to the bumper (DUH!)so I broke the welds the mount it to the frame and now have a big problem. Thank god I've had the entire front clip off before so I can fix it but God I'm pissed. Another plus is my parents are out of town, so tommorow I plan to get it welded back together and fixed so they will never know. Already have everything tore off the front and I have the bumper back in place and all it needs is a good weld job, but all this for being mad...Gosh I hate myself now!

I guess the moral of this story is, when you're mad don't do something totally boneheaded because of it.

-Tim

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm a moron too, but I am good at it. I did some 80/90kmph drifts last nite, it was insane

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
So what car did you tear the bumper off of?

So how can I reach your parents? J/K

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
TGJ said:
So what car did you tear the bumper off of?

So how can I reach your parents? J/K
The base model.

And their celphone number is....

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well everything is where it needs to be just needs some welding so I'm not as mad as I was earlier, plus I called my parents in told them. No way I will sleep tonight after this crap so I guess I'll study :\

My Dad didn't seem upset at all which is kind of crazy (for usually when I mess up he goes ape****...) I guess when your on vaction you don't have many worries right? Must be nice to be at Hilton Head right now!

Anyways, its nothing major but a good lesson for me. Sucks that it had to happen now but so be it.

I'll keep ya posted.

-Tim

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you ripped the steel bumper off?! :eek:

I pulled my 89 out of a ditch from the front sway bar before, also done it from the subframe mount before.

·
Registered
366 Posts
my little bro did something like that.

he backed his 91 talon TSi into the back of my dads (then new) grand cherokee. i was in my room (with a girl of course) and i hear this loud bang then alot of swearing. I ran down the stairs and outside and he was crying saying dad was gunna kill him. he told me not to call him and we will get the parts and fix it before he gets home. I knew bettr cus the bumper was craked too.

I called my dad and he did not care at all... all the car needed was a bumper cover and a rear tail light. so he said if he cant see the damage when her gest home then its okay.

the next day we get a new tail light from Jeep (only $200). and glued the bumper. lol... looks like new.

his tallon on the other hand was scraped and dented all the way down the driver side.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
J-Rob said:

you should stop crashing
you try driving a bird in the winter with an open diff and bald weathermasters. I went places in that thing 4wd trucks couldn't, and then got it stuck in my own driveway (which is 2 car lengths long)

why is it that people think that just because they're tires are spinning they can't go any farther?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
GreenBird said:

I pulled my 89 out of a ditch from the front sway bar before, also done it from the subframe mount before.
I didn't know there was anything of a bumper to even hook something onto...
I did a 'small' pull from the swaybar once, it made me kinda nervous, especially now after I've learned that they're hollow. I've had great luck using the tie downs that were provided for transporting from factory to dealer. I've been pulled from some sticky situations without tearing them off or bending them hardly at all. For the most serious pulling (like being in very steep and very deep ditches) I've used a chain wrapped around the (K?) member, or is it the subframe mount(?). Yes winter in northern MN is a pain but I think this year I have it mostly figured out (I hope).

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
GreenBird said:

I went places in that thing 4wd trucks couldn't, and then got it stuck in my own driveway (which is 2 car lengths long)
I got my van stuck at work going over curb onto the dirt, or as I found out mud, to jump someone's car. I had to have the manager pull me out with his truck.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage Tim, but where did you hook up again after you tore up the car?

I've towed my Cougar out of a ditch from the swaybar before, but don't like to do it there, as it's only held in by 4 little bolts. I've also tried hooking a chain to the tie down holes, only to tear them open :leftright ...

Where is the BEST spot to be towing a MN12? Tim's probably won't be the last car in the ditch for the winter :D!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Parents On Vacation

I got news for ya Tim, if your parents are on vacation, they really don't care what you do unless you are near death or in jail. And even if you're in jail they might not care. But I would make sure the house is clean and you don't do anything really stupid(ie.. burn anything down, break something very expensive, go to jail) because when they get home they won't be in such a good mood. I love being on vacation until it's over.
GUN

·
Registered
343 Posts
GreenBird said:

you try driving a bird in the winter with an open diff and bald weathermasters. I went places in that thing 4wd trucks couldn't, and then got it stuck in my own driveway (which is 2 car lengths long)

why is it that people think that just because they're tires are spinning they can't go any farther?

Sell the SHO to put money into the better car......... :wiggle:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Enlighten me...what is this "snow" thing that you speak of? :)
Hey, glad everything is gonna work out.

'bird

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
MercCougarXR7 there is a big chunk of metal underneath the engine, with some holes in it to hook a chain through. It could be the engine cradle itself. It seems quite sturdy. On the other hand it you were to rip the whole thing out of there (towing gone bad) your car would most likely be trashed. I think even if you are a good driver if you live in a bad enough place you will need to be pulled eventually. The other day I slid partway into a ditch just from backing up and the rearend likes to wander off to the side...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts