TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a bone stock 90,000 mile 90 SC 5 speed yesterday, Its going to go under the gun real quick and be seriously modded. The only prob with the car is the clutch wont ingage, it just hangs there. There is no resistance at all I can bat it back and forth with my hand. If fells like nothings connected to the pedal. Any one have any ideas? yeah it has fluid. If we were not getting 12 inches of snow today on top of 6t inches last night I would have had a pic for you to look at sorry :(

·
8,239 Posts
good deal nick.

I can't wait to check that out, and take her for a spin once you get it "seriously modded"

Also, thanks for the metal tube info, myself and my brother ordered a couple for the "project". I'll shoot some pics when we get anything good done.

hehe,

Justin

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
its more than likely the slave cylinder, is it leaking? Does the pedal come back off the floor when you press it?

·
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was messing with the SC today, It was a little plastic clip that holds the clutch push rod to the clutch pedal. It was a $3.89 part. The car will go into gear and move under its own power, the down side is we got 12 inches of snow today and I could not move it more than 5 feet, but I think its going to be fine. I want to paint it really bad and do a front clip in the next few weeks, and I already got all new weather striping and I am going to do door hinges this week. Seems like its a powerful car :)

·
3,165 Posts
Nicktcfcsb said:
I was messing with the SC today, It was a little plastic clip that holds the clutch push rod to the clutch pedal. It was a $3.89 part. The car will go into gear and move under its own power, the down side is we got 12 inches of snow today and I could not move it more than 5 feet, but I think its going to be fine. I want to paint it really bad and do a front clip in the next few weeks, and I already got all new weather striping and I am going to do door hinges this week. Seems like its a powerful car :)
man you and the painting and rim'n, put more money into the MOTOR!! nice $3.89 thats what i like to hear.... good investigative work... if your doing to hinges to replace the sagging, dont replace the hinge man... do the bushings and pins... if your doing it for other reasons, have fun... if not, drop me a PM ill hit you off with all the info for the bushings if you need it... wish i had a five speed...

·
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah on the hinges on my "nicer" car I replaced the whole thing cuase I dont half azz that car at all. The other 94 I have I just did bushings and pins, not to bad pretty easy too :) I have not decided how much work/money to put into the SC yet so its still a toss up from a new hinge to just pins/bushings. I have done lots of set of mn12 doors, but whats the info you have? Just seeing if its any different than what I have been doing. Thanks Jordan!

·
3,165 Posts
nothing thats not common knowledge, just some info to save time, I have all the Parts numbers required for the hinge replacement, which you can goto the HELP section in any auto store and get for cheaper than going directly to Ford. I had to buy three sets of bushings before i got the right ones... I just figured I would save someone else the grief of having to purchase uneccesary parts.... Good luck, hop its not an upper hinge... upload some pics of the sc...

·
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the uppers suck but they can be done! :) Some hardware stores carry bushings and pins that you can slightly drill out the stock hinge and they work really good. Also they are longer than the stock ones and less prone to cracking and falling apart. I hope to get a few quick shots of the SC soon, we got almost 2 feet of snow :(

·
3,165 Posts
Nicktcfcsb said:
Yeah the uppers suck but they can be done! :) Some hardware stores carry bushings and pins that you can slightly drill out the stock hinge and they work really good. Also they are longer than the stock ones and less prone to cracking and falling apart. I hope to get a few quick shots of the SC soon, we got almost 2 feet of snow :(
yeah man, i got the part numbers for the bushings and pins that you dont need to drill a thing, literally a gust of wind would push these babies in... very easy... lemme know...

·
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drove the SC today! Those cars are a blast!!!! I love it :)
I also changed the Oil much easyer than a 4.6 bird :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts