TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and the verdict? it's damn fast, comfy seats, nice interior, nice features, really a cool car in it's own way, but know what? It just leaves something to be desired, I still want a mustang GT or even another MN12 more. My biggest complaint? The wierd little square mirrors where impossible to see out of, the little quarter windows are so small and placed in such a way that you'll never be able to see out of/use them for anything. I cut two people off becuase I couldnt see what was on the sides...sure the rearviews would be good for that/I'd get used to it, but eh, I didnt like it. Another thing, the steering wheel is placed in such a way that I could not see the speedometer. But there was a little digital speedo in the triple guage cluster which was nice. The car revvs up/down real fast...especially spins those revs down quick, that was impressive. The model I drove was an auto...bleh....no fun. It had a tiptronic type thing and the verdict is with those, I still dont like 'em much. It's a good car, but I'd rather have a nice V8 ford over that thing.

Earl

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have driven one also. Mine was a manual had and intake kit and exhaust work. Hell yea it was fast but the road noise was loud and the mirrors totally suck. All in all it is a car built for speed and looks. Nice car but not my cup o tea.

Mike

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I drove one of the roadster ones a few weeks back. I have pretty much all the same rants as you guys. How did the car flex? I was really disappointed with how much body flex there was in it.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i'm doing a marketing project for school on the 350z. maybe i should go test drive one.

Frank

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
probably need to show proof of income to test drive one..

same thing w/ cobras, mach 1, vettes, lightning, marauder, new caddies, etc etc

·
Registered
946 Posts
jamesD said:

Proof of income? When I was 18, I test drove Lightnings and C5s and never had to show proof of income or anything.

The 350Z is nice. I would want the track edition with 6 speed, 18s, etc. Definitely a sweet looking car. I wonder if the engine holds up well though? I would hope so.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a friend that was considering trading his BMW 325 for one. He did alot of research on it and ultimately decided to keep the BMW.

Kenny

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
I autocrossed one at Nopi, it was bad arse, i had fun with it, I dunno if I would drop that kindof money for one. I know how notorious Z cars are for maintenance, (Trus me, I just spent 18 hours over two days trying to pull a tranny out of a 91 TT 300. NO FUN. I just don't think I would spend the money for it. WOuld rather have an 05 stang.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
i'm doing a marketing project for school on the 350z. maybe i should go test drive one.

Frank
[/QUOTE

hellz yeah....i would drive the Leguna Seca Sunset Orange one...its sweet.

joseph

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like the way they look in black, but...in regards to a performance car, not my cup of tea. Give me a GM or Ford V8 any day.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jamesD said:

That's not true. It's all in how you present yourself. from that list of cars you presented I've driven a mach 1 and a lightning...none of the others but I'm sure with a bit of work I could do it. A big thing is your age...18-25 it's gonna be harder to test drive a high end car, especially a high end car that is brand new to the market. They will almost literally laugh in your face if you walk into a dealer in shorts/t-shirt and want to drive a 30K+ car (although I was wearing that when I drove the Z yesterday and yes, they did give me a hard time for it--he says "we dont let many 21 year olds walk onto the lot & drive these things, so how is your credit and how much do you owe on the focus?" I told him my FICO is at least 650 and I owe 2 grand on the focus--MAJOR BS LOL) I've also driven a Volkswagen Passat W8--had to lie like with the Z to get into that one. I drove a new t-bird no questions asked. I drove a lightning no questions asked, same with the mach 1. It's incredibly easy, you just need to be able to present yourself properly and manipulate the salesman. I am not trying to be shady/an *******, I am just trying to work things so that I can benefit (in this case, test drive cars that I normally wouldnt be able to)

Earl

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I like some of the older ones. The ones that are very slick in the body lines. Don't remember what year, but I'd say mid-90's. Never driven one though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
tbird9768 said:
I like some of the older ones. The ones that are very slick in the body lines. Don't remember what year, but I'd say mid-90's. Never driven one though.
I never liked the 300ZX's, but if you mean the S13's or S15's; :thumbsup:

I don't really like the look of the 350Z's, the rear does look good with those sharp tail lights, but the front doesn't match and looks too lardy IMO. I'll bet it was a fun experience though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts