TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I was behind the wheel of a Bird...so yesterday I stopped by ThunderChicken's house to pick up some stuff...and we took his AED Bird for a "quick" drive.

What a BEAUTIFUL car, at least I sold it to someone who understands the beauty of these cars. His car is amazing! The paint is better than new, and of course with a brand new engine and that AED on top...it runs and sounds better than new, as well.

Anyway, mine is on the DYNO as I am typing this...will hopefully be done soon. The guy was having some problems tuning it...with a brand new engine, AED Race kit and the T-56, he was not happy with the 445hp and drivability, so he is continuing to work on it. He said he wanted me to smile and feel all the time and money was worth it when I drive it the first time.

I am only home for two more weeks, so I better get to drive it! When we head back to Kabul in two weeks it will be stripped down to bare metal and repainted, as well as an enitrely new interior....which I will be looking forward to seeing on my next trip home...in April.

The flight home was miserable, but being home is awesome. ThunderChicken met me and gave me the keys to my new house and helped us unload our PODS....but he wasn't driving the Bird...oh well.

·
Super Moderator
12,067 Posts
Welcome Home! :usa: It sounds like you had a great reception.

Are you going to repaint it black or some other color? And what are your plans for the interior?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be painted black...as far as the interior..I have a set of Recaro Ergomed DS seats I had recovered in black last year(they were tan)...they have never been sat in...new carpet, headliner, just redoing everything. The car was in good shape, but I decided to redo everything.

The may possibly be able to hear my new stereo from Kabul...lol.

I also have a new set of Scott's gauges to replace the last set of Scott's gauges that are in there now.

I have Ford Racing gauges in the A-Pillar(Boost, Wide Band o2, and Temp)...I also have a set of Chrome 03 Cobra's sitting here waiting to be fitted...ThunderChicken has volunteered his services to take care of the CobraRs...what a guy.

I won't see the finished product for several more months, but I will hopefully be shifting through all six gears listening to the AED Race kit this afternoon...keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
"ThunderChicken has volunteered his services to take care of the CobraRs...what a guy. "

You know me, I'm a helper.......anything I can do for you I'm there. Drive your car when its done completely? Surrre, I guess. HAHAHAHAHA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts