TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this place here in Marble Falls, called Pottery Ranch, they sell...stuff. Western stuff. Giant chicken statues and such. They also have a bunch of old cars for sale, some of which have been sitting out there for roughly five years.

This particular SC arrived a couple weeks ago. It is black, filthy on the outside. The interior is black leather, with a fold down rear. All seats are in excellent condition, the drivers side seat is in great shape as well, with the exception of the DS bolster, which is missing all leather, and some foam, which is strange...the rest of the seat is near perfect.

Windows don't work, moonroof does nothing, wipers don't work, no radio, evidance of a massive stereo, wiring in the trunk, but all is removed, and it is an amature wire mess. The windshield is cracked

The car has a new belt, new air filter, the oil is BLACK and sludgey, the antifreeze is nice and green, however, the overflow bottle was empty.

The car has horrible brakes. I could barely push the pedal down, and it didn't slow down very quickly. The transmission ground into every gear. I did not try 5th gear. Also, it was hard to get t into gear.

The auto shoulder belts do not move. The drivers side manual lap belt does not fasten at all, and the shoulder belt has enough slack that it might as well not be there. The foglights where missing, but the brackets where there. Rear bumper was broken at every single place it could be broken. Little dents throughout. Stock SC wheels with curb damage so bad there where chunks missing. All over too, even around the center caps.

The car felt very low on power...boost guage spun to 10+ PSI at WOT. I took it to 60, and saw my life flash before my eyes. Not because it was fast, because it was a rolling death trap.

They where asking 2500. Ths was a 250 dollar car, at best.

Still, fun/scary...I am glad to still have a pulse after this event. Hopefully I am not posting this from the afterlife and I am not yet aware I am dead. I will keep my eyes peeled for the handbook for the recently deceased. Don't worry, I won't say beetle ghiste.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like my daily drive to work in my 1990. For us SC guys that all can happen in a day. I'd still buy it. (Not for $2500).

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Sounds like fun! :) If you are looking for a project, I'll bet that one would keep you busy!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
That sounds overpriced for all of the problems youre looking at .. seems like you were not impressed.

I just picked up that 1994 5 speed SC for $250 this past weekend. Except the engine was completely torn apart so I had to tow it home. Had a few goodies in the backseat though .. ;)

My buddy is looking to sell his 35th aniversary SC 5 speed for about $1000 .. shifts good, just needs some brake work ( hard pedal ) and a new cooling fan for the radiator. Much better deal if youre looking into something that needs less work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How was the body rust wise, some guys would be interested in good rust free sheet metal.

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
Brake booster is a good start.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hard pedal is ABS issue. Was the ABS light on? Not a standard vacuum booster on SC. Electric pump with accumulator

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
That sounds overpriced for all of the problems youre looking at .. seems like you were not impressed.

I just picked up that 1994 5 speed SC for $250 this past weekend. Except the engine was completely torn apart so I had to tow it home. Had a few goodies in the backseat though .. ;)

My buddy is looking to sell his 35th aniversary SC 5 speed for about $1000 .. shifts good, just needs some brake work ( hard pedal ) and a new cooling fan for the radiator. Much better deal if youre looking into something that needs less work.
Is he really? I'm very interested.

·
Registered
512 Posts

So you have 3 94/95 SCs now?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Is he really? I'm very interested.
Maybe .. I need to talk to him again to work out the details but he put it up there. I think for that price he said it will not include the 94/95 supercharger on the car currently.

So you have 3 94/95 SCs now?
Yes, two 94 5 speed SC, and 95 5 speed SC .. plus the DOHC Tbird and rebuilding the 3.8 NA in my sisters 96 Tbird :rolleyes:

As well am I. 35th anni 5spd car huh? Where's this at?
California.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Maybe .. I need to talk to him again to work out the details but he put it up there. I think for that price he said it will not include the 94/95 supercharger on the car currently.

Yes, two 94 5 speed SC, and 95 5 speed SC .. plus the DOHC Tbird and rebuilding the 3.8 NA in my sisters 96 Tbird :rolleyes:

California.
How much would he charge for the car complete?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts