TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this car at a local car lot and had to have it. It's a 1990, 5 speed with 153,000 miles. It runs real good, but has many small things wrong with it that i need to fix.

Here's some pics... they are the pics the car lot took, I haven't had a chance to take any of my own pics yet.

·
Administrator
8,667 Posts
Looks good, have fun with it! :D

Joe

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks awesome! Take care of it.

Thomas

·
Super Moderator
7,981 Posts
That is extremely clean for 150K miles. Somebody took good care of that car. Good luck, and have fun with it.

Mike

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments! It's got quite a few small problems that I need to fix, but overall it seems to be in good condition.

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I traded my old '79 F150 and gave $1500. I think I gave a little too much, but it's real hard to find these cars for sale around here.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Pretty nice due. I always wanted an SC with a 5 speed. GOod luck with it bro.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
tbird_parts said:
I traded my old '79 F150 and gave $1500. I think I gave a little too much, but it's real hard to find these cars for sale around here.
Depends on the F150 .... and on how bad you wanted the car.

Nice looking ride!

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CrystalPistol said:
Depends on the F150 .... and on how bad you wanted the car.

Nice looking ride!
Here's a picture of the F150. It's a '79 with a 351M (with some lifter noise). Everything worked except the A/C.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Did u look up the blue book on that F150? Looks like it's in pretty good shape considering it's a 1979

·
Registered
859 Posts
You made the right decision. Don't second guess yourself on this one.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice looking F150. I see it is a 2 wd, but still a nice truck. I only said what I did becaue I have a '77 F150 4x4 which just tripped 102,000 with slightly warmed over 351m/C6 .... and AC which by the way, does work very well. Mine's body isn't so termite free, but I have new doors, new bedsides, and a new FORD tailgate in the box in the basement for it, hopefully this year "I'll git'er done"!

Yeah, on a good day the Holley 600 squeezes maybe 12-13 miles from a gallon, but I don't drive it enough to sweat gas prices versus truck payments. That 400 I am putting together might even do better, using RV cam this time.

I think you did OK! That is a sharp Bird you got, and another truck will come along. Still, that is a nice looking F150!

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The F150 was in real good shape for an all original '79, but it was still far from perfect. It had rusted cab corners, rear wheel arches, and a few rust-through spots inside the bed and needed some new bumpers. I never drove it much though... and I drive the car now every chance I get. I replaced my power steering lines last weekend... what a fun job! I pulled the intercooler, both IC tubes, the alternator and then the power steering pump and bracket assembly. I managed to get the power steering pump and bracket off as an assembly without removing the pulley, so it wasn't too hard of a job... but it was messy and took a while.

I still have 3 other trucks and a Suburban to drive, so I won't miss my old '79 too much.

Here is my '78. It's got a 302 with a 3 speed manual transmission and gets 18 mpg, which isn't bad for a full size truck.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Chebby hubcaps are what makes it go fast, lol. :tongue:

Really, when I bought the truck it had 2 different styles of some chrome plastic hubcaps from WalMart and looked real bad, so I slapped the Chevy hubcaps on because they fit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts