TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this car at a local car lot and had to have it. It's a 1990, 5 speed with 153,000 miles. It runs real good, but has many small things wrong with it that i need to fix.

Here's some pics... they are the pics the car lot took, I haven't had a chance to take any of my own pics yet.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks awesome! Take care of it.

Thomas

·
Super Moderator
8,287 Posts
That is extremely clean for 150K miles. Somebody took good care of that car. Good luck, and have fun with it.

Mike

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
You made the right decision. Don't second guess yourself on this one.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nice looking F150. I see it is a 2 wd, but still a nice truck. I only said what I did becaue I have a '77 F150 4x4 which just tripped 102,000 with slightly warmed over 351m/C6 .... and AC which by the way, does work very well. Mine's body isn't so termite free, but I have new doors, new bedsides, and a new FORD tailgate in the box in the basement for it, hopefully this year "I'll git'er done"!

Yeah, on a good day the Holley 600 squeezes maybe 12-13 miles from a gallon, but I don't drive it enough to sweat gas prices versus truck payments. That 400 I am putting together might even do better, using RV cam this time.

I think you did OK! That is a sharp Bird you got, and another truck will come along. Still, that is a nice looking F150!

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The F150 was in real good shape for an all original '79, but it was still far from perfect. It had rusted cab corners, rear wheel arches, and a few rust-through spots inside the bed and needed some new bumpers. I never drove it much though... and I drive the car now every chance I get. I replaced my power steering lines last weekend... what a fun job! I pulled the intercooler, both IC tubes, the alternator and then the power steering pump and bracket assembly. I managed to get the power steering pump and bracket off as an assembly without removing the pulley, so it wasn't too hard of a job... but it was messy and took a while.

I still have 3 other trucks and a Suburban to drive, so I won't miss my old '79 too much.

Here is my '78. It's got a 302 with a 3 speed manual transmission and gets 18 mpg, which isn't bad for a full size truck.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Chebby hubcaps are what makes it go fast, lol. :tongue:

Really, when I bought the truck it had 2 different styles of some chrome plastic hubcaps from WalMart and looked real bad, so I slapped the Chevy hubcaps on because they fit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.