TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every thing i asked about the o2 and the other issues i fixed by the help i got here.

There is anouther i cant get my hood to latch down.

I replaced the hood latch and the cable and made sure every thing lines up but it wont latch down all the way to the second latch on the hood latch.

I am not sure what is in the way also it seems to be all lined up correctly i am stumped.

I need help fast i already miss driving my cougar. I really dont want to drive the chevy my back up car.

It is not the same to be honest i prefer driving a ford product the chevy i got from my brother do to he couldent make the payments.

Now it is going to be a punishment i cant drive my mustang because it needs a battery and gas in it.

So it is out of the question on driving.

I need help thank you

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Sounds like you need to loosen the bolts and adjust the latch.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bank 2 lean code ended up being a conector i took it off and used a pick and went across the conector once and used diolecrtic grease in the conection this time around.

Right now i have moved the hood latch over but it is frustrating though trying to get it right. to be honest. It started on monday when i checked the fluids making sure they were toped off. Went to close the hood and seemed that the second catch wont grab. But thank you for the response

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
the bank 2 lean code ended up being a conector i took it off and used a pick and went across the conector once and used diolecrtic grease in the conection this time around.

Right now i have moved the hood latch over but it is frustrating though trying to get it right. to be honest. It started on monday when i checked the fluids making sure they were toped off. Went to close the hood and seemed that the second catch wont grab. But thank you for the response
please update the thread that you started in the 4.6/5.4 engine forum with the solution, so others can see what fixed your issue.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
done and updated that post in the 4.6/5.4 forgot to update that post.
when i made this one i was asking about this one after reading what others as said and made me check and do what i did.

renello i will check and spray it down with wd-40 to help clean it up to see if it will help.

wiered thing is when i took of the head light pannel to get a straight line of sight with the hood latch it looks like.

they both hit but some how the second latch part wont hit even though it looks like it is lined up.

right now i have it all the way to the right and wont grab with the second one so i am looking at it right now it seems like the second latch moves corectly.

but it seems right now i need to back up and re-aproch the situation with the latch it could be really simple i am missing.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
what kind of hood latch did you replace it with? when my father and i replaced the front end on our beater 97 camery, we got a cheep Chinese made one with really no brand name.

it sticks in the open position constantly. i actually had to pry it loose in places and gob it all full of grease to get it to function. and we still have to slam the hood to latch it... dang thing is all the way up on the adjustment and it latches tight as a drum >.>

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got anouther hood latch from a salvage yard. but it seems like it was a bad path stuck in the same perdicament as the other one.

I cleaned it with wd-40 to get all the gunk out and regreased it with grease but i think it might be a lost cause with that hood latch.

But i am still solving it i really miss driving my cougar.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The peace of metal that the hood latch had to be replaced i finnally fixed it. Some how the original one got out of shape or some thing it opens and closes normally now thank you eevery one for the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts