TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's called Ready Strip And it is AMAZING! Non toxic, doesnt smell, doesnt burn the skin, isnt flammable, it rocks! I saw this stuff about a year ago on a late night commercial, and thought it was really cool but was of course skeptical, and didnt want to plunk down 60+ dollers or whatever rediculous amount of money they wanted, but I got a quart for 14 bucks & so far I'm happy! It took ALL the yellow paint & primer off, right down the old sanded black like the yellow never existed, they recoomend leaving it on for 4-12 hours and it took off all that paint (and some of the black too) in about 3 hours. when I get home from work in the morning the 2nd coat will have been on for about 9 hours, so it should peal that black paint, and the original beige off hopefully...my goal is bare metal...hopefully but I'm pretty confident it'll work...only thing that sucks is it says dont use it on plastics...grrrr so what do I do about the front benzl on the case....that will be hard to do, since it's plasic/crapply painted. Any suggestions on sanding?

Earl

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
So is it safe on platics....bumpers ect?

I just skimmed the post so if i missed it sorry.....where did you get it?

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
You do "NOT" want to go to bare metal unless you are going to etch the paint with a good primer.I doubt that you are going to get a quality primer since you skimmped out on the stripper.By taking all the paint off you are just making the metal subjectable to corrosion very quickly.It is best to take a few coats of the paint off and then scuff sand the primer and then shoot another coat of primer on.
Good Luck,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts