1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmm..

·
Registered
298 Posts
That ducting is really thin and flimsy, not quite dryer hose but close.
A couple of those say that it is one ply the other two have some wire in between, but it is still really thin.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Never mind I clicked on "more".

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know. It might be thin but it is flexible compared to the thick silicone bend I have now. It might make hooking up a air box to the tork tech easier. It can with stand high temperatures which is important because of the under hood environment.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That looks kind of like the stuff they use on air starts for jet engines like the DC-8 uses. If it's the same stuff, it's pretty flimsy and folds easily until you pressurize the inside of it. IIRC, I want to say they ran it at 90-100 PSI and a ridiculous amount of cfm to air start the jet engines. I don't think I would use it on the inlet side of things though, I'd think it would collapse to easily unless you just used it for a short connection. That's if it's the same stuff.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
All the ones I seen were between 5/8" and 1" ID. What exactly would you use something that small for? Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
All the ones I seen were between 5/8" and 1" ID. What exactly would you use something that small for? Or am I missing something here?
Have to click on More to see additional sizes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A short run of it would probably work, anything of length I think would colapse. If you were to use it basically just for a coupler, I think that it would work fine.
I thought you were talking about making an entire inlet pipe/ tube out of it, and I don't see it working for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts