TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Six days... Six days wasted!! That is how long I've been working on trying to implement a pair of circuits to "another country"!!! :redmad:

I just love conference calls with 8 technicians, 3 engineers, and two managers (useless, blooming idiots whom I eventually asked to leave the conference call… I’m sure that’s going to come back to bite me in the arse once this over!!!) spanning the globe, half of which English is not their native language. And 3/4 of the people are on cell phones. :leftright

I must have said, "Please repeat that" a few hundred times so far!!!

And if I hear the phrase “I'm sorry, but the technicians are at mandatory military training” again, you’re going to see me on CNN!!! :bawling:

10% packet loss is biting us hard. We’re 90% sure we have a couple of clocks butting heads, but the commercial vendor overseas won’t change their timing because the TSO stated otherwise. SO now we get to wait while the Gov’t amends a TSO and corrects the issue. They won’t even change it on the fly, just to confirm that is what our problem is.

And did I mention this has crypto on it also!!! We can’t even get the black side to work… I can only imagine the problems we’ll have when we try to go red to red… :leftright

Just shoot me now!!!

Sorry, just needing to vent some since it is SO frustrating trying to get so many different players involved to implement a circuit. Then factor in that this used to be my job, but then I was downgraded and this task was specifically taken away (to justify the lower pay grade). :rant:

But, gotta’ keep the customer happy… right. :redmad:

Ah, large exhale. Vent completed. :D :znanner:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Are you trying to implement a VoIP circuit?

I share your pain. I get into it with local telco occasionally with similar issues, I can't imagine trying to set something up 1000's of miles away.

Jay

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Now comes Miller time!................

or maybe it's

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz. :)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I deal with large corporations that while like government, probably aren't nearly as bad. The biggest things I've learned in dealing with these corporations are explaining clearly to them why they are wrong, and how fixing it will help them as much as it will help us, and making it sound like the perfect solution was their idea. If they don't take the bait you play hardball and go over their heads.

Don't get me started on this week, my co-worker was out and I had to deal with people from NYC and Northern NJ. I don't know how he does it every week, I think some of them purposely try to be a-holes.

But, gotta’ keep the customer happy… right. :redmad:
Sometimes you gotta play hardball. If you always give them what they want they will just keep asking for more, and expecting what you've done for them as a favor in the past. It's nice when favors go both ways, but it can be fun to slam the door in their face (figuratively) when they've been inflexible.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I just love conference calls with 8 technicians, 3 engineers, and two managers (useless, blooming idiots whom I eventually asked to leave the conference call… I’m sure that’s going to come back to bite me in the arse once this over!!!) spanning the globe, half of which English is not their native language. And 3/4 of the people are on cell phones. :leftright
It's those damn engineers I tell ya . . . none of 'em are good for anything.:D

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
o.k. i'll tell you i'm no white caller worker. i'm blue caller through and through. what the heck was that all about?! thank F#@$ you didn't call me up because i would've gotton fed up up with you and in a panic stricken voice i would've been goin: "So-rree, No english! No english!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts