TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I had my LX broken into this weeekend... Well I got a call from the guy whos garage I am storing my SC at and well someone TRIED to steal it and when they couldnt steal it they trashed it. No insurance on it nothing. they tried taking the SC off tore my ground effex off... seats are missing..... EVERY WINDOW is broken. They guy whos house I was storing it at had a mustang which was parked next to they SC was stolen. He was not home he was on vacation and he came back to see his garage door open..............:zraped:

But wait it gets better............... On my way to work today I lost OD in my LX and when I came to a stop and got out of my car smoke was billowing from under my car5 and all I could smell was tranni fluid....

Well needless to say I am a 25 year old man who was crying like a baby as both my wonderful birds have now reach the end of there life..

LIFE SUCKS!........

Thanks for listening to me complain and venting!

So how was everyone elses day?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Damn that sucks hardcore. and just after you got your radio stolen too...

Maybe it's time to drive a festiva with no radio for abit. :rolleyes:

I did you sign any waivers to store it at the guy's house? If not, it's his fault, and you can hold him legally responsible. Sue him in small claims court, and get some $$$ to fix the damage.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed....

Any idea what your going to do with either? Sounds like the SC went from Toy car to Project car now.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is almost NOTHING left of the SC i mean totally trashed. the door handles where touching my front fender.

And I did sign a waiver saying the garage owener is not responcible.. (and he is a friend)

I am so upset I got myself sick...........................

I may take a week off next week and attept a rebuild on the tranni

KPenrose is driving me back and forth to work the rest of the week and said he would help me...

wow what a week...

·
Registered
137 Posts
MadDog2020 said:
As most of you know I had my LX broken into this weeekend... Well I got a call from the guy whos garage I am storing my SC at and well someone TRIED to steal it and when they couldnt steal it they trashed it. No insurance on it nothing.
Wow. That sucks.

There is something to be learned for all this, however.

Insurance isn't just for daily drivers.

Every car I have ever owned, or will ever own is insured from the time I buy it to the time I sell it. I consider it part of the cost of car ownership.

:zwall:

Still sucks. Sorry to use you as an example, but if it keeps it from happening to someone else...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
MadDog2020 said:
There is almost NOTHING left of the SC i mean totally trashed. the door handles where touching my front fender.

And I did sign a waiver saying the garage owener is not responcible.. (and he is a friend)

I am so upset I got myself sick...........................

I may take a week off next week and attept a rebuild on the tranni

KPenrose is driving me back and forth to work the rest of the week and said he would help me...

wow what a week...
I'm so sorry to hear that, MadDog! I hope the best for you... By any chance, would his home owners insurance cover it??? Again, I'm sorry to hear that bro. I hope you catch the F****N crook! Someone must have know it was there!

·
Registered
658 Posts
If it happened at this guy's house it should be covered under his homeowner's insurance. You will have to pay the deductible, but it would be worth it to get your baby back. Talk to the guy that you had your tbird in storage and find out what his deductible is on his homeowners insurance.

danman

·
Registered
137 Posts
danman said:
If it happened at this guy's house it should be covered under his homeowner's insurance. You will have to pay the deductible, but it would be worth it to get your baby back. Talk to the guy that you had your tbird in storage and find out what his deductible is on his homeowners insurance.

danman
Not if he signed a waiver.

If it is a standard waiver, and I'm sure it is, it releases all liability on the part of the property owner.

Sorry to be the wet blanket, but MadDog is out of luck on this one.

Doug

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
yeah, but if his friend was really his friend, I'm sure he would go along with it. I know I would feel really bad about it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SC_Steve said:
yeah, but if his friend was really his friend, I'm sure he would go along with it. I know I would feel really bad about it.
That's between the two of them. My guess is that if the friend wanted a waiver in the first place, he probably won't take responsability now.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd be a shame to loose an SC under any circumstance.

MadDog: Can you part it out? How bad did they get the engine and drivetrain? The engine/drivetrain alone should be worth $1500 - $2000. Most of thoes parts are pretty hard to break.

If I had a little money laying around, I'd make you an offer on the rear end and halfshafts, but it being the Christmas season...:zdunno:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its bad................ nothing left body and engine are gone took what looks like a ball pean hammer to most of the car. My friend is talking to the insurance company now. I dont know whats going to come of it. My friends Bullit stang is still missing and all his tools where stolen. we are talking damges combined with mine of around 50 to 60,000 dollars... Police have called me about 5 times asking questions......

The wavor was my idea actually....

O well time to buy a KIA............

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
that horrible man... all i can say, is maybe it was someone who knew the guy with the garage... they obviously knew he was on vacation.... its horrible when things like this happen... all you can do is rebuild... and restructure, and make your birds better than before.... those people will get their's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just posting to say I am sorry to hear of your losses. Hope the insurance company pays out for you.

I agree with DougMenke. I have full insurance on all three cars I own even though two will not see the road again untill spring.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Man, that sucks. When they catch them, I think you should take a sledge hammer to them, I would.

Seriously though, that is one rough week you had. I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
dude that sucs, when i had my car sitting in the driveway after i blew up the motor i took all the ins coverage off and just left fire/theft-damage ins on it. goog luck with whatever you plan on doing with it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His home owners is not covering my car........................................

I lose........... tha bad guys win again.................................................

Bah............

Merry Christmas..........................

PS that makes only 721 SC left from 94 that have 5 speeds.....................

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Pure bllsht. Nothing pisses me off more than that type of sht. We are having several breakins/thefts happening here in Alaska right now (mostly Anchorage).
The ppl involved better hope the cops get to them before you do.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'd be there with the baby powder dusting for fingerprints. You had to sign a waiver? I'd never think anyone would have me sign a waiver. Could he have done it?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Dang man, I thought my week was going to crap but after that story everything seems so pity! Hope they find some sort of evidence from your car and your friends to bust whoever did this mess. I would keep a close eye on ebay if I were you too seems like that is the easiest way to sell parts now days.

Man I'm pissed off now. I feel terrible for you to man.

Hope you the best of luck in finding this low life.

-Tim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts