TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife let me get one, only I have to get her a new house next year.
New 3.8L toy

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll still be N/A till spring though! I don't feel like driving around in the snow with the added power of the vortech.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
That is sweet - You'll have to have a dyno done before it's put on and then. I'd be interested to see how much gain you get from that. How much boost does it put out? It's not as much as a stock SC's Eaton is it?

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the Dyno numbers in my Sig are what my car is currently at, SHOULD be at around 240rwhp 260rwtq with it (well thats I figured out after doing the math).
The Vortech kits puts out 7-9PSI at 5000rpm and has NO boost till about 2500rpm where there is a nice even climb to the [email protected] I'm not even sure I'll hit [email protected] due to my ported heads, exhaust, and such which is a good thing. this is Just the start, Summer 2004 I'm going to be installing a BUILT 4.2L shortblock and bump the boost to 13-14psi, I'm not going to give up till the car is JUST AS RELIABLE as it is stock and gets a 12 second timeslip.

oh man, i was just joking when i posted that. i didnt think anyone would actually buy it. wheres my finder's fee?
I was watching that auction already :D This saved my about 1000$ of the cost of a new setup which I was going to buy next spring.

now when it comes time for me to get a wife, i hope i get one who buys me a vortec! -greg
She's a nice gal, but I've got to build her a 75,000$ house next year! who got the better end of the deal :( (though I admit it will be nice to get rid of this 70's model 14x70 trailerhouse)

·
Registered
443 Posts
better tell pete to get ready for a reburn...you should definitley go bigger than the C&L 73mm maf...perhaps the 80mm...and a 60mm tb over that stocker...you want to be the first to try some longtubes too? what injectors you gonna use? you would probably be able to get away with the next smaller pulley untill you build your 4.2 because of your heads and exhaust, but i dont know about those 96/97 rods...how could wait till spring? i could never be able to look at supercharger just collecting dust in a box for that long...lol

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to build a front mount intercooler setup for it and PROBIBLY go with a Blowthru MAF so I can dump excess boost to the atmosphere to keep the heated air from circulating. the Diablo chip is getting sold right away, Unless its the type that Pete can reburn ( Dad needs some more power from his F-250 460!) I'm going to play it safe and keep the boost under 8psi for now, don't need to have a "problem" 3-4 hours away from home where I drag race at.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
rancherlee said:
She's a nice gal, but I've got to build her a 75,000$ house next year! who got the better end of the deal :( (though I admit it will be nice to get rid of this 70's model 14x70 trailerhouse)
well.. 75,000 isnt that terrible, just think, it could be a lot worse.... she could be digging for the hundreds of thousands (like my mom... ugggh, makes me sick how much of a stretch my parents had to go to get their current house). -greg

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I own the property (thanks Grandma) and were getting a Prefab 28x60 and putting it on a basement, about 3 times the floor space I have now! I LOVE where I live, LOW cost of living.

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Make sure you have a nice, big, heated garage to go with that new house. Good luck with the new toy. :)

Joe

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i second that joe, man.. when i get a house, im prolly going have a bigger garage than house... gotta keep those project cars away from the elements, and i dont wanna leave any of my cars out when im home.. especially at night (a buddy of mine found a 2 foot wide pumpkin in his backseat the other day).....

·
Registered
801 Posts
wooooowwwww 3.8 vortech!!!!

damnggggg!!! how you going to install that man?????? b/c the setup for the v6 mustang is different right?????

Marvin M.

·
Registered
970 Posts
ghetto, right ranch? duct tape and dryer hose on the install.

lol

i'm lookin forward to seein this all cometogether, with the cooler and all :)
I'm NOT Looking forward to the 14 second timeslips. hehe..

-jw

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 94-98 mustangs have the SAME engine with the SAME accessory drive at the MN12 3.8L. The MAIN issues If found out so far is the Air intake tube for the Blower and the air conditioning hoses (as you need to move the AC pump to a different location)

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I WANNA BE YOU RANCHERLEE!!!! You got that thing for like a thousand or more less. you are doing exactly what I have planned as you can tell by my future mods thing in my signiture. I wanna run 12's! I am thinking about buying my 4.3 block from supersix soon. Unless you know anyone who sells one cheaper. supersix's blocks aren't really that bad. a local junkyard said 650 for the block, supersix has them at 450. and they're ported. I'm looking at they're catalog now and it looks like they've redone it. it doesn't say anything about 4.3 blocks. Oh well. Maybe I'll check out morana.
-Thomas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts