TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by toy i mean, its about the size of a toy car....

well, its going to be quite while till i find myself in a bird again cause of the cost of insurance and gas is lil bit higher than this, and also, i cant afford to buy one right now, and when i buy one, i want a SC 5pd from the south with low miles...

the neon has almost no options... i think the only option was passenger side rear view mirror. manual windows, locks. its the sohc with a 5 spd. its got almsot 63k on it, and i got it for 2300. its got some paint blemishes, but no rust at all. and as far as i know, my insurance didnt change from my saturn (486 every six months in my name, plpd.. im 18)... its a little quicker than i thought it would be, by no means fast. im prolly gonna do a few little things here and there on it, but they wont be stickers, body kits, or wings. mainly my stereo, window tint, maybe a short throw, and im going to change the wheels and suspension cause my parents minivan handles better.... but im pretty much goingto start a tbird fund, donations are gladly accepted :D .... i still consider myself a tbird enthusiast cause i have two mn12 steering wheels in my room, plus i still got my plate from the old bird, and the original keys and keychain that came with it back in 1990... anyways, just thought id show it off.. oh, im getting between 300 and 400 miles a tank (about 25 - 33 mpg) with a mix of city and highway driving. -greg

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like it for what it is, but i want another mn12 so bad. problem is, i think it will be at least a couple years, as i am already in debt as it is with rent, school, and other bills. -greg

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
glowing escape said:
by toy i mean, its about the size of a toy car....
(486 every six months in my name, plpd.. im 18
-greg
YOU SUCK!! J/K ;) ... But seriously, I wish my insurance was that cheap!. I pay about $1300 every six months (For my '95 Cougar, and '97 Pickup), and I'm almost 23!

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Confuse people - put one of the MN12 steering wheels in the Neon :) Hopefully you have much better luck than you did with the short lived Saturn.

-Andy "Melon"

EDIT: Are donations to your MN12 fund tax deductible? hehe

·
Registered
709 Posts
leave it stock and save money for an SC! Why bother putting a short throw on it, or suspension/rims or anything else for that matter? Just drive it! All that stuff is just gonna make you drive it faster and then it will break faster!

Just my 2 cents, do what you want... I would just like to see ya in an SC that much sooner!!

5speed SC's kick arse!!

Jake

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thomas said this in another thread "i just cant help but tinker with cars"... im one of those. but the way the car wanders on the freeway bothers me, so i really want to change that. i am also the person who needs to have fun (within reason) while driving... im not going to go all out on this car. i am going to save for a SC, but i will not be able to afford one for quite a while... it wont be too much trouble to save up for it, itll be more trouble paying insurance on it and the neon as well as paying for rent, food, other bills and such. cause if i get a sc, its going to be perfect and it will stay that way.... no winters or bad weather drivng as long as i can help it...

anyway, its also kind of a way of "making it my own".. just making it a little different from all the other cars out there. i dont mean rice it out, im doing practical things to increase my driving experiance. i just have problems leaving things the hell alone! -greg

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
glowing escape said:

well, they are deductible from my friend tax, if that counts. -greg
I got your friend tax right here.... and besides, who said I was your friend anyway? :D

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Melon said:

I got your friend tax right here.... and besides, who said I was your friend anyway? :D

-Andy "Melon"

oh... you lied to me... so you just used me for special "abilities"?!?!?!?!?! you're a poopy head. -greg

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
glowing escape said:

oh... you lied to me... so you just used me for special "abilities"?!?!?!?!?! you're a poopy head. -greg
Man.. I haven't been called a poopy head since like the 2nd grade... and I don't want to know about your special "abilities" That's a side of you I care to never see or hear about.

-Andy "Melon"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts