TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh man! I am looking at this thing and I have no clue of what to do with it. My first thought was, "SHOULDN'T THIS HAVE MORE PARTS"? My neighbor pointed out that there wasn't a pinion or the other thing! So now I have to figure out what to do with it. Anybody in the san diego area know how to swap carriers and instal 3.55 gears? I am going to call a place lonnie hooked me up with! Eric :D :cool:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just a little flashback here...I bought a complete 3.08 posi carrier from a 92 from a local salvage for $75.00. That was a few years ago to fix a whining sound. The car I put it in had the abs operated traction control so it was a real waste. I'm now wondering what the lowest gears were for a tbird? They said they had alot of em and never sold one so I got it real cheap. When something is in inventory too long they actually either junk it as a core or drop the price extra low. I wish I hadn't opened my mouth to a local trans parts house as they bought up all the $75 dollar 4l60e's and $125.00 4t60e's with 10k miles on em :( . I sure woulda saved a bunch on parts with those cores handy. Funny thing was those transmissions didn't really start going sour till a year after they got rid of em, then the price went up to $800.00. Hopefully they still have some carriers and if so a 3.55 posi would be nice.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
icantdrive55 said:
I'm now wondering what the lowest gears were for a tbird?
3.27's were the lowest common trak-lok rear in MN12s. I do know of a few oddball MN12s that had 3.31's, but IIRC they were all SC's and still rather rare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts