TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in to it with a Dokota 5.9 we did a rolling start first and we were right with each other. Then we decided to get to a red light. He got me out of the hole as I started to catch up (I think he slowed down) I got door to door than BAM he tore ass it was like I slammed on the brakes. Turns out he had a 75 shot of NOS. Those 5.9's are a good truck to work with. It would be fun to have one and play with.

See Ya:D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not really. I have see two Dakotas running PowerDyne superchargers and a 75 shot like the one you raced. The best run at the strip they had was a 14.1 and a 14.0. The regular Dakota 4.9 (I think its a 4.9) is a 1/10sec faster in the mag. tests. I'm sorry only 240hp out of a 360cid motor gimmie a break. My Silverado with a 327cid (5.3L) makes 285hp and runs 15.5 stock, and its a extended cab sport side. Just like MOPAR says it needs MO-Power. Or Mostly Old Parts And Rust. I guess thats why we own Fords!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
At a local speed shop here in the Dallas area Horse Power Store and they have this one and it rocks.

Best 1/4 Mile ET: 12.12 @ 111.64 mph
Best Dyno Results: Horsepower: Nitrous(150 shot): 459 hp Motor: 298 hp Torque: Nitrous(150 shot): 630 ft-lbs Motor: 366 ft-lbs

Truck Modifications:
- NX Nitrous Kit w/remote bottle valve, dual purge, heater, fuel pressure safety switch
- LoTek Triple Gauge Pod
- Autometer Gauges: Fuel Pressure, Nitrous Pressure, Air/Fuel Ratio
- Mopar M1 2BBL Intake Manifold port matched to heads
- K&N GEN II Intake, F&B Billet Throttle Body
- ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley
- MSD Digital 6 Plus igniton,Borla Exhaust
- Mopar Headers
- Ported Magnum Heads
- Dynomax 3" Super converter
- Race Ready 3" cutout
- Mopar PCM
- Magnecore Wires, NGK V-Power Plugs
- Lowered with Hotchkis Front Springs & Rear Leafs,Hotchkis Sway Bars
- Bilstein Shocks,Kenny Brown X-Brace
- Wheels & Tires: Street: Budnik Prisim 6 18x9.5 with 295/45/18 Goodyear Eagle F1's and Nitto NT555R 305/45/18 Drag Radial
Track: 26x11.50x16 M/T E.T. Streets

So there must be something wrong with the other ones who knows maybe they couldnt drive very good or couldnt hook up.

I would take this one any day!!!:D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
someone across town has a 5.9 with a kenne bell blower on it and could only improve his quarter mile time by a couple tenths earlier in the season. the day he went to the track it wasnt the best weather and im assuming hes gotten some better times, but i wasnt very impressed with the performance initially.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Love to buy me a R/T dakota and pull the 360 in it and put in the 360 390 horse crate motor mother MOPAR offers.

later,
jay

·
Registered
946 Posts
there are a coupla daks that hang on the nloc board that have mid 12s. one even has a 11 sec truck. very nice setups with nitrous as well as another power adder.

but if you want a fast truck, there ain't nuthin' u should even consider but a... ;)

mid 13s stock baby....

·
Registered
946 Posts
it's all love on this side baby :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
37 grand? what do you want...a 03 cobra?

my L was no where near 37,000....

·
Registered
946 Posts
haha....believe me...

i'm a poor college student by all means. my love for cars is just extraordinary...so i sold some dope, knocked over a coupla banks, and pimped some hoes...rounded up the cash, put a deposit to test drive the L, then as soon as they let me have the keys I kicked out the salesman next to me...went to the nearest chop shop...and bam...new lightning :)

plus at this rate with the mods i'm planning, it looks like ramen noodles for the rest of the year....

or that ketchup and hotwater trick whenever i go to McDonalds :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts