TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my 93 Vortech 5.0 T-Bird Back!

So for some reason almost three years ago I sold my Thunderbird out of stupidity. After about 6 months I realized that it was a stupid decision and I started searching for it. The guy I sold it to was scared of it and sold it to a guy in Welton, AZ which is about 30 min outside of Yuma. Last week I get a phone call from a local gear head out here in Yuma and he saw the car pop up on CL and bought it within a hour of the add being posted. He then offered it back to me and I couldn't wait to get it back.

Story behind the car was that I bought it from the original owner John Priff (my squadron XO) back in 2010 with 76,000 miles on it. He had it built by JBA back in 2007 with a new aluminum block 302, Eldebrock heads and intake, Vortech V2 SC, T-56 trans and it dyno'd at 395 rwhp and 383 TQ. The overall cost of the build for him was 25K. The car has never seen snow or rain and has the original paint which looks damn near perfect. I saw the car yesterday and it looks the same, just needs cleaned and the only thing that changed was he put new tires on it. It only has 1,000 miles on it since I sold it.

Does anyone else have a story like that? A car that they lost but got back? You can bet your a$$ that this thing will stay with me till I die.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Awesome! :headbang:

This car is one of my all-time favorite MN12's..I can't believe you got it back that's great!

Any future plans for the car?

Rayo..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! :headbang:

This car is one of my all-time favorite MN12's..I can't believe you got it back that's great!

Any future plans for the car?

Rayo..
I'm going to get the bumpers re-painted and get the a/c working. I might drop the SC and go to a turbo set-up.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
So for some reason almost three years ago I sold my Thunderbird out of stupidity. After about 6 months I realized that it was a stupid decision and I started searching for it. The guy I sold it to was scared of it and sold it to a guy in Welton, AZ which is about 30 min outside of Yuma. Last week I get a phone call from a local gear head out here in Yuma and he saw the car pop up on CL and bought it within a hour of the add being posted. He then offered it back to me and I couldn't wait to get it back.

Story behind the car was that I bought it from the original owner John Priff (my squadron XO) back in 2010 with 76,000 miles on it. He had it built by JBA back in 2007 with a new aluminum block 302, Eldebrock heads and intake, Vortech V2 SC, T-56 trans and it dyno'd at 395 rwhp and 383 TQ. The overall cost of the build for him was 25K. The car has never seen snow or rain and has the original paint which looks damn near perfect. I saw the car yesterday and it looks the same, just needs cleaned and the only thing that changed was he put new tires on it. It only has 1,000 miles on it since I sold it.

Does anyone else have a story like that? A car that they lost but got back? You can bet your a$$ that this thing will stay with me till I die.
So glad to see you were able to get your car back and plan on keeping it.

As far as selling a car and buying it back OxmanWI did the same thing. He's currently in the process of bringing his car back to life.

You can read his story in this thread.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I was cleaning it last night I was getting pissed every time I found a new scratch. I kept the car in perfect condition. It also is hesitating at a consistent speed and it pings under heavy acceleration. I'm hoping that it is just cheap gas.

·
Registered
170 Posts
any info on the vortech install? sn95 brackets, water pump, alternator and pulleys used with 94-95 vortech kit or is it fabricated to fit mn12 brackets,etc? if you ever change to a turbo, let me know. there are very few people who have actually supercharged a 5.0 mn12. it would be nice to buy a set up ready togo.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
any info on the vortech install? sn95 brackets, water pump, alternator and pulleys used with 94-95 vortech kit or is it fabricated to fit mn12 brackets,etc? if you ever change to a turbo, let me know. there are very few people who have actually supercharged a 5.0 mn12. it would be nice to buy a set up ready togo.
I can comment on the brackets at least..

They had to chop up the passenger side frame rail in order to have enough room for the Alternator..Which IIRC is the 94-95 Mustang 3G Alternator..

Some of the brackets had to be custom made, and others came from the (5.0) MN12 R&E Racing Vortech install kit..

Lonnies experience with Super Charging the (5.0) MN12

The (5.0) MN12 alternator bracket is not used on this install..The Power Steering/AC Compressor bracket is the stock (5.0) MN12 piece..

Since WickedBird302 is not the original owner/builder of the car..I figured I'd share what I know about the car in case he didn't know.. ;)

So..Even if you did buy the brackets..Now you know there's some cutting of your frame rail involved as well as other things to make it work..

Rayo..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can comment on the brackets at least..

They had to chop up the passenger side frame rail in order to have enough room for the Alternator..Which IIRC is the 94-95 Mustang 3G Alternator..

Some of the brackets had to be custom made, and others came from the (5.0) MN12 R&E Racing Vortech install kit..

Lonnies experience with Super Charging the (5.0) MN12

The (5.0) MN12 alternator bracket is not used on this install..The Power Steering/AC Compressor bracket is the stock (5.0) MN12 piece..

Since WickedBird302 is not the original owner/builder of the car..I figured I'd share what I know about the car in case he didn't know.. ;)

So..Even if you did buy the brackets..Now you know there's some cutting of your frame rail involved as well as other things to make it work..

Rayo..
Cutting the frame rail seemed like the only major modification that had to be done. I know the t-56 took some time and effort to get to work also.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
He's already had enough...and is unloading the car.
When I was cleaning it last night I was getting pissed every time I found a new scratch. I kept the car in perfect condition. It also is hesitating at a consistent speed and it pings under heavy acceleration. I'm hoping that it is just cheap gas.

I suspect he figured out it wasn't cheap gas.
-g

1 - 16 of 16 Posts