TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still got a lot of little stuff to do to it. The car is running really rich. And I still got to get the temp sensor and both O2's and fix the exhaust so its not banging on the floor boards on the passager side. It still idles weird but it doesn't die as much. And the power is there unlike before. The valve train is a little loud but so are the injectors. Its gonna need a tune soon too. But maybe after the computer learns the car it will be better. THe idle is low too. It should be around 800rpm with the cams and its only like 600rpms Maybe a little adjusting with the TB will fix that until the tune.

But excuse my french but "HOLY SH*T" The car is awesome. I only got on it about 1/2-3/4 throttle and it was throwing me into the seat. Almost scared me a little. Cruising at 30mpg and I hit it a little and it just kicks back and throws the front end in the air and your gone. I can tell that im gonna be going though tires really fast. Words just cant describe it, I think everyone should pull these crap engine and go with PI heads or a PI engine. I thought the chip added a lot to the car but its nothing compared to this. I might have to work on my launch to because all i do is spin the tires.

But my car is at my work right now so I will try getting it home this weekend or sometime next week. I just got to fix the temp sensor first so my fan and everything works.

Just wait until I get pictures of it :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GreenBird said:
That's great news, but not General Tech. ;)
Yea, I guess not. But Im not thinking correctly, And I dont really care!
:uppoint:

Yea Keith, I think we got a race to do at the meeting on the 19th. I will have it running a little better by then (I hope) Otherwise it will have blown up again. :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Midwest fords Its a meeting at Fudruckers on 75th and lemont rd. I know me and keith are gonna be there with the Tbirds. And Werty might come (he is normally at all of the meets) Then whoever else.

Midwest fords have a gathering every 3rd sunday of each month. I believe they are collecting dues at this meeting too. So you should join, its only $30.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am from the thumb of Michigan though. Would be a long trip for me to come. Just didn't want to miss out a big meet that was anywhere near me.
later-Ben

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats Jer,I'm glad you hung in there and got it running again. I was getting used to seeing your car with the hood up,maybe I should get you to post a pic of your tail lights so I can start getting used to seeing those from now on. Don't know yet if I'll be there on the 19th. Uncle Lar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts