TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it wrong to wish my friend would wreck his car. I don't wish him any harm but I just wish he would quit braggin about his car. He has a 1984 mazda rx-7 and he thinks it is the god of all cars. Its funny that he never got the idea in school this year when everybody referred to it as the "door wedge" because if its... well... door wedge shape. It might be a little fast but it is the crappiest looking car I've ever seen. And it's definately not as fast as he thinks. He brags about beating mustangs.... v6 mustangs. But he claims he could also beat a v8 stang when I have my doubts. My car might be slower than his but I have one up on him... I can have more than two people in my car.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
well, if the thing (rx7) has the 13B engine in it, it could be fast. that engine can make a lot of power
with a little work. did I mention a lot of power. If it is stock then it should be in the mid-upper 15 second range.
If it has been worked over it could be a 13-14 second car! I just hate the way they sound at upper rpms (buzzsaw).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, its a pretty quick car but mommy and daddy paid for most of the mods. And yes his exhaust does sound like a coffee can full of angry hornets. I just don't see any pride in having a car that someone else paid for. He is finally starting to pay for his own modifications but his parents bought him a whole rebuilt engine for 2500 that he hasn't repaid them for.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey what city in Michigan? I might be driving up there on the 25th in my 'stang, I'll run him in front of as many people as you want, and whats even better is my cars reasonably quiet and looks like a 4cyl. Its a real ego buster for some people:D

But hey, everyone can be like that at times. I know i was(am) pretty confident in both my cars, but I also know what cars not to pick on lol.

But you cant really blame someone for being proud of a car, given to them or not, because it's theirs. I mean would you honestly pass up a free car, motor, and mods? Or take it and not be proud on how it runs out?

Justin

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think it's perfectly normal for you to want him to crash his car. I have wished this upon many people I know. One especially who owns an early nineties Cutlas supreme. Everyday he would light the tires up going out of the school parking lot. :confused: There was no point to it and everybody laughed at him. Well, even if he is a little faster than you at least you can get some action in the back seat :thumbsup: :tongue: and your car looks way cooler than any rx-7.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea my car does look way cooler:D

I live in Farwell, which I bet no one knows where that is so it is by Mt. Pleasant.
I do agree that it is good to be proud of your car, I only paid for 500 out of the 1500 that we paid for mine and I am very proud of it but I dont talk about it constantly. I have a feeling that when he goes off to college his dad is gonna say "you know I paid for a lot of that car so you can have mine and I'll take that one." And I'll laugh and laugh especially since his dad has a 93 t-bird. Thats another thing. He was working on his car the other day so he was driving his dads and you know what he says to me..... "Man I hate driving that thunderbird, its so much slower than my car." I know he just said that cause I have a t-bird. But I have noticed that he seems to fall back on the mighty t-bird everytime something goes wrong on his car. And since his car is 20 years old, a lot of stuff goes wrong.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Damn, I won't be going by there if I drive. I'm going to see a friend in Trenary, and I'm trying to decide ifI want to drive or fly, its liek a 15 hour drive:tongue:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driving is more fun but gas prices are putting the screws to that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
expcialy with my about(10-14 in the city) 20mpg on premium:D , but gas here isnt a whole lot more than it was last summer. i'm not complaining, my gas is under 2 bux a gallon(1.84 last I checked) so its not too bad.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
RedBirdSC said:
...in my 'stang, I'll run him in front of as many people as you want, and whats even better is my cars reasonably quiet and looks like a 4cyl. Its a real ego buster for some people:D...
Hehe. I got to see it. It's pretty small. Def' whoop some arse. And for a 15 hour drive, that looks like it'd be pretty bumpy. :leftright But I'd go out of my way to show that ricer who's boss. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
bumpy front springs be gone tuesday of next week, and hello good drag launch front springs:D

Maybe I should make a short lil video of what she can do.....;)

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
maiden_fan said:
My car might be slower than his but I have one up on him... I can have more than two people in my car.
We got 5 in one when I was in high school (counting the driver) :D
Driver
2 in the passenger seat
2 in the hatch (I was one of those in the hatch :D :D )

It was silver with a few grey primer spots...it sounded like a weed eater in a bottle. :)

Ahh, good times, good times.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Just tell him to go to the track and do some runs and bring you the time slips. He'll get a dose of reality or he'll back up his claim.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He went to rotary revolution this spring and he said he was gonna dyno his car but that never happened. He didn't have any time slips either.... how convienent. I don't doubt it could be a fast car but so far all I have seen is high top speed but not much acceleration. As far as im concerned, it don't matter how fast your car will go but how fast it will get there. Thats just my opinion though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
with all respect .you sound like a ricer whinning about the a V8 car, hey your car is faster but mine gets better MPG etc etc. fast is fast no matter how he got it , how he makes his power of it can only fit one person, race him or shut up.

just saw you have a v6. if so yes your car is slow.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not complaining about his car. It could definately kick my ***. What I'm getting sick of is how he puts down everybody's car but his. It is a fast car there is no doubt about that but it is not the fastest car ever made as he seems to think it is. Everytime someone talks about their car being a v8 or whatever, he has to bust out with "well, my car is a no-cylinder and it is way better." My question is if the rotary engine is such a revolutionary engine, why isn't it used in any other vehicles other than the rx-7s and 8's. It is a great idea for an engine due to the fact that it is small and can produce so much horsepower but I can say from experience its hell to work on. It seems Ford would have used a rotary engine if there wasn't problems with them since they do kinda own 40% of Mazda. And yes my car is slow as hell, never said it was fast. And I don't really like being compared to a ricer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
because they dont produce torque downlow they dont get good gas mileage, its a sports car engine not reliable not easy to work on but produces good power likes to rev a lot and theyre ligth

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Well, there's a couple of approaches...

You could just out-right tell him how annoying hearing about his car every second is. Just tell him you're not envious, you're glad he has a nice car, but it's just friggin annoying and maybe he should shut up a little more.

Or you could just ignore him and not let it get to you. Assume he'll get over it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea, im somewhat at the ignoring state now and I think its working. I do a lot of the yea and uh huh thing when he is talking about it. Im really trying to save him from too much embarassment at school by trying to get him to stop bragging but its not working so I'll the harsh high school environment stop his bragging next year I guess.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts