TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got off work at 5 today, started up the bird, shook like crazy. im driving back to my dorm and white smoke filled up my rear view mirror. sayonara HG :bawling: no coolant in the oil thankfully. now, if you'll excuse me.

*looks for tissue*

·
Registered
801 Posts
i know how you feel partner, been there, done that. good thing ford changed them for free under the extended warranty.

CamellionCat

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
same here partner, but you got lucky it happened when it ain't to cold to work on it outside :D.. mine went out in november, it sucked royally having to work on it till about four in the morning in my driveway in 30 degree weather ;) .. not too bad until the cold sets in......good luck man....later'z....:D

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
dude, have you tried this yet? I swear it'll fix it :D

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Here, Mike, I tell you what I'll do. I'll say that I've gone 67k trouble-free miles in my '90 Tbird (actually, it's about to roll over 68) and then tomorrow, it'll blow up on me because I said it out loud. I was saying to someone the other day that I hadn't ever gotten a ticket, then the next day I got nailed for 92 in a 65. So I guess I'd better go order some Felpros too, huh? ;) Least they don't cost $421........ grumble grumble grumble.....

Seriously, though, good luck on it :thumbsup:

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Big Mike,

At least you go home. When the HGs went in my Super Coupe, I was 80 miles from home and had to leave the car in airport parking until I got back, then I had to rent a car to get home because I had a co-worker travelling with me.

If the HGs go in my LX, I'm dropping in a 2000 4.2L splitport. It will cost me as much as getting the super coupe fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts