TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful 96 3.8l Tbird. That was until two weeks ago.

It was the worst day i ever had, first my stupid friend backed it up to far and got her stuck in the driveway. Three hours later, and two hours late for a date i might add, we finally got her out of the snow and mudd. So leaving late, i didn't get 4 miles from my house before HITTING A DEER!!!!

i wasnt going fast, hardly twenty and the mechanic said the only reason that the airbags deployed, while destroying my dash!!!, was because the deer hit the front sensor directly.
So anyway the damn insurance totalled the car but get this!!!, they gave us 5,000 for it, and let us buy back the old one for 300 dollars. The only thing wrong with the car is the airbags deployed, the dash was somewhat cracked between the passenger air vents, the hood is destroyed, the front right headlight, the bracked it hangs on and the front right fender is bent all to hell.

So now we are getting a 97 4.6l!!!!!!! and fixin up the new one
cool aint it

so my suggestion, if u see a deer HIT IT!!!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Great suggestion :D!

That's my plan anyways - if you nail the brakes, the nose dives down and picks up the animal throwing it into the window. My plan is to smash the phucker around the headlights so that it bounces off to the side.

There are alot of deer in my area, and many collisions per year (400+).

I'd just like to see what my Marquis could take from a deer (steel bumpers and frame) :).

Kinda sad to hear about your 96 - if it's fixed - will you have any problems registering it again? $300 is an amazingly low buyback - you got lucky.

Welcome to TCCOA,

Kevin.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's exactly what i did, i just hit it straight on the headlight. I think what happened was that the deer had just jumped a fence next to the road and when it landed i smacked it right in the head. When i mean right when it landed, i mean all i saw was deer head and then airbag. the deer didn't go over the hood or anything. i think just snapped its neck, no blood nothing.

well anyway

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to bein here!!!!!!

tony

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I've hit and killed one deer with each of my cars :tongue: there's so many around here and they're stupid as hell. The ones on the road may run away but the ones in the ditch always have to run across the road right in front of the car.
The first deer I hit was a yearling doe I tapped her right before dark at 30mph with my '91, knocking it over and she spun on her side down the road and to the right. No damage to Cougar. Deer #2, coming around a corner 50mph (day) there are no less than 5 deer on the road, 3 of which refuse to go anywhere, I about locked up my brakes, and almost got an opening, but bambi decided just then to move, taking the Cougar's grill with him. He flew through the air above my windshield :eek:and landed in the ditch. Next deer was earlier this month, another dark corner, a fawn appeared out of the ditch after the other deer ran away, I put my ABS to good use but couldn't steer out of his path. He did the spinning/sliding trick to the shoulder where he died quickly. Broke my headlight, and left some deer sh** on my bumper. Best of all the airbags are still safe and sound. So ends my rant on deer, I hope you understand why I hate deer. I hate deer, but they taste good.

:zsoapbox:

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
maybe the states that are experiencing deer demise should invest in some type of electric fence (such as those used for dogs) and line the roads with them to keep deer off of the roads (and your cars). barb wire would work also, but may look weird next to a wooded area :gapteeth:

where i live, i dont have to worry about deer, its the huge *** tumbleweeds that i try to avoid.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Big Mike, but barbed wire really does not stop deer. They'll jump what they can't go under. the deer i hit jumped a four foot fence. But you were right about doing something. West Virginia has so much of a problem that they hand out licenses to hunters all year long around the major interstates. People still hit em though.

I know, how about welded on safari guards, or police bumpers??? That'll teach em!!!!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
95LX said:

Pardon my city-boy ignorance, but that sounds like you pick up the deer you just hit and bring it home for dinner. :rolleyes:
Nah I don't, some people do, but that requires calling a game warden. I also prefer to eat things I kill with a rifle, not my car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I live in PEE AAY. Round here we don't let things go to waste.

I have a deer in the freezer right now that was a result of a friend of mine. He hit it, called me, my pop went to pick it up and he butchered it.

Leaving a deer to rott on the side of the road creates more problems than you think. Besides, without picking up the deer it is as if that deer lived and died for nothing. We got about 50 pounds of meat and a fimor for my dog to chew on.

hope I don't come off as a hick. I really live about 1 mile from philadelphia in a highly populated suburban area.

danman

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
ton6y said:
so my suggestion, if u see a deer HIT IT!!!!
One problem with that.
I actually LIKE my car.
I've hit two deer with it, and almost lost 'er over the second.

And I'm feelin ya on the airbags...

You got lucky.
I'd never be able to replace my car for what they'd give me if it were totaled.

I've been dodging deer like MAD since I got it back. Seriously, they're everywhere.:leftright

1 - 10 of 10 Posts