TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... while my bird is motorless i have my Chevy S10. Its a 98 4 cyl, 5 sp, 2wd reg cab short bed.

Ive had nothing but problems with this thing and it pisses me off.

On my way to school today the slave cylinder decided to crap out on me. So you guessed it, i couldnt disengage the clutch... it made driving really fun. when the light would turn green i would nail the gas and slam it into gear. i drive most of the way in second gear so i didnt have to shift that much.

So i get to class thinking it might just have been too cold. It wasd 10 degreese out when i drove to class. I went out after class ans started it to let it warm up. I would push the clutch pedal in and there was absolutley no resistance on it. It felt like someone dissconnected the master cylinder from it. I check that, it was still connected.

I had to drive it to the shop (i didnt have an hour to wait for AAA.) I pushed it out of the space (yes, you read that right, Id rather be driving my ford than pusing my chevy). and i punded it into gear and went to the shop. It was only on the other side of the block about a mile away so it wasnt bad... i just kept it in 2nd gear.

The shop called me 2 hours later. $700 for a master and a slave cylinder. The master is easy cus its right ont he firewall and its only a 4cyl engine to work around.

but the kicker. the slave in inside the bellhousing (not outsdie where it belongs) and the bellousing on that tranny is part of the tranny... so... they gotta drop it.

At least it will be done tomorrow by 4 so i have something to drive... but i ave to max out both my credit cards to pay for it.

As soon as i start making money at my new job (start thursday) im saving up for a Mark VIII

ugh... thanks for listening to my anti-chevy rant... i miss my ford :(

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
Ive had nothing but problems with this thing
Well it is a GM product after all.

Sucks about all the money though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Sorry but I just have to laught at this. I can only imagine following someone like you. LOL REV REV SCREEECH. Driving off u hear Rev again in neutral and a second gear scratch while the truck jerks off.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HanMan said:
Sorry but I just have to laught at this. I can only imagine following someone like you. LOL REV REV SCREEECH. Driving off u hear Rev again in neutral and a second gear scratch while the truck jerks off.

haha.... i drove my my psycho ex GF doing that too... it was funny... mosly cus her dad is an exectutive VP for GM! lmao... and she told me i was crazy for loving my ford.... i just told her she was crazy... and she was!

but yeah... it was an experiance... I still lvoe the sticker on the door that says: "quality built in camden, NJ" MY @$$!!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im enjoying my chevy that i have. its a 95 caprice with the LT1. the ride is so smooth its not even funny. plus its got some GO. but i still cant wait to find myself in a bird again... my 90 died just the other week... right now im looking for a SC 5spd or 5.0 bird or cat. however, currently the only ford car id probably own would be bird, i cant stand anything else ford makes beside the lightning, 03 cobra, or a plain f150. i like gm better right now, and ive never really heard anyone i know having many problems with gm, i hear it more with fords, even moreso with chrysler (DONT EVER BUY CHRYSLER... the new grand cherokees are crap, and so is pretty much everything else). and i know im gonna get crap for this, but if i were to buy a new car today, itd be an import. most likely a WRX. however i do really like supras, skylines, nsx's, and if i owned any of those cars, i wouldnt put stickers, neons, outrageous gfx or wings, or anything.... just pure performance mods. but for now, the 95 caprice is doing pretty good. -greg

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I hate your Chevy Too :D!

Chevy makes a decent motor, but the rest of the vehicle leaves much to be desired.

Starting a new job on Tuesday? Doing what? And you're saving for a Mark 8? Nice choice :). Me, I started a new job on Tuesday this week, and am saving for both a Marauder (replace Marquis), AND a 97-98 Mark 8 (replace Cougar).

Sell that Chevy!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My job is a job/internship as a contract agent for Northwest Mutual selling insurance.

If it works out and i like it, i can stay after i graduate in May and continue to make money.

I want to save up around $10k and but a nice 95ish mark viii

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
jordansypek said:
I was waiting for that. So why did you buy Mercury? ;)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I bought Mercury because Ford's break too often ;).

Hey - if you work hard at the insurance racket (legalized extortion), you can make a pretty good paycheque. I have 3 relatives that are into it, and they are paid WELL.

You'll own your Mark 8 :). Good luck with the job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts