TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been renting my apt since aug. 15th and the celing in my bath room has been leaking since the celing fell in once and the left the molding insulation in there and patched it back up and now it looks like is gonna come back down the promised me a new roof a month ago and i haven't seen it yet and now my crazy neibor walks in to the laundry room and acusses my gf of stealing his detergant and agued with her for 10min then left she went back in to the room 45min later and he was sitting there waiting for he then asked if he could have his deturgent back she said no it's mine then he got mad and left. so when the time came to get our cloths out of the dryer he had shut off the gas and wired the valve shut it only took me about 3sec to figure this out and i was now mad but didn't say anything becuase he is skitso or something i want out of my lease what can i do. i try to avoid the people here and just like to keep to my self but the thing is i know there is no way to get my deposit back to try and find another place :mad:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Well, you can always do your laundry wearing a loin cloth with a huge knife sticking out of a board while reading a book titled: "Religious Animal Sacrificing for fun and profit".

Seriously though, that's what sucks about renting. How much are you renting for? if you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol that would not work with this guy this hole place is filled with looney people :(

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
that reminds me of my appartments I lived in when I lived in sacramento...had a total nutbag living above me....he used to yell at me for parking my car in "his" space....we didn't have assigned parking....he'd freak my sister out (she thought he was going to try to rape her or something) he was definantly creepy enough to reaise my suspicians as well....he hated us....used to constantly yell at us for making ANY nose...came downstairs one night...I was sleeping on the couch, he knocks on the door, I open it, he goes "Whatcha got going on down here, your being really loud" I said "dude, I'm sleeping, you assh***" he goes "Yeah, well, I heard something" I told him it was probably the voices in his head and slammed the door in his face...damn I hated that guy

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
People have been trying to talk me out of renting and into buying.. but i will not buy if i can't have a garage that i can work on my cars in :tongue: Which kinda leaves town homes as the option for me :(

But luckly i rent in a smallish 8 suite complex.. Sodoing luandry isn't a problem.. but i still go to my parents to do it (i have to PAY! to do my laundry at my place :rolleyes: )

my place too was a `lease' type of thing.. but i believe that was all cancled when this building changed hands :confused:

how much Longer is your lease?? Also can you Sub lease the place? (Find someone to live there and pay the rent, and you move else where? )

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'd say having a roof is a basic requirement of the lease. If they aren't meeting their end of the lease you can cancel it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you have it in writing that they were going to fix your roof and have not done it yet.
It is a breach of contract and you would not have to fight very hard to get out of your lease.
If you are affraid that it is going to fall again, it is called unsafe living conditions and you can
sue them.
When I moved into my last apartment, the door handle was not working, I could lock the door but if wiggled it hard enough it would just open up. After putting in for service for it more than once, my apartment was broken into and most of my things were stolen. My insurance company forced the apartment complex to pay for my losses and release me from my lease. It was alot of fun.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i called my landlord yesterday and told him to call me back wich he hasn't and the care taker guy said he has been trying to get a hold of him for 2 months now :( kinda concerns me but i want out but moving right now when it's this cold not a good idea but iam getting to the point real fast i read a law that if the don't fix a property damage with in ten days you can send them a letter saying if this is not fixed in 10days i will leave might want to give that a go once

·
Registered
744 Posts
if there's mold....call a laywer, almost any laywer would be more then willing to take your case asap.

i also suggest, that with every call w/ your land lord (either spoken to/not reached/message) send a letter thourgh the mail.

yeah, landlords are a pia; but keeping on fighting for what's yours and what you desearve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts