TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at school in Fairfax, near DC. And it's snowing again. It's already about 2.5 inches...suppose to snow til 11 am tomm morning. I guess it's not really the snow, it's the fact that everytime it snows, my car seems to get hit and i don't like driving it in...but yeah..enough ranting, anyone else getting snow??

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
i had some friends living in sterling, so i know what its like with winter there... the road crews are totally unprepared for it... putting sand on roads is one of the most horrible things i can think of for a car :eek: plus people drive like idiots because they aren't used to the snow like us northern folk are (which doesnt say there arent morons here either, lol)
supposed to be 4.5" here by noon so yup, im gettin snow hehe :D

Tom

·
Registered
668 Posts
no extra snow other then what we have. but lemme tell you this. it got really warm the last couple days above freezing and then it got cold again, so the roads are very slippery. so slippery i got stuck at a flat intersection. :)

Laterz GT

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
More here too. Only like 1/2 inch, but it was really cold this morning. On the walk from the parking lot into the school, my hair actually froze this mornign. Like rock solid too. I thought somebody had sprayed a bunch of hairspray on my head until it started to thaw inside the building. My hair hasn't been this long for a while so i had forgotten about frozen hair.

·
Registered
277 Posts
you guys keep talking about all this "snow" stuff, but i'm still not convinced it really exists.

coldest afternoon all season i think ...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
then you never have had the joy of calling work and saying you couldnt make it in due to the conditions of the roads.
(this is nc, the idiots pile up on the roads, in the ditches, and anywhere else they can stuff their vehicles, all because the state does not have the equipment to deal with any amount of snowfall of more than an inch.)

·
Registered
277 Posts
yeah, i lived in jersey for four years, and if there's one thing i learned about cold weather and snow, it's that it turns 99% of the drivers on the road into total morons.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Robinson said:
WOW.... 2.5 INCHES... BETTER STOCK UP ON BATTERIES AND WATER
SmartA$$!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Have about 4 or 5 inches here but all the roads seem to be fine right now, I'm sure tonight they will refreeze and be a mess.

Robinson... just for the record it Bread and Milk man...not Batteries and water....
:)

-Tim

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL

its snow deal with it! Yes we all probably hate it I know I do and look where I'm from! Snow is fun with our cars you get to slide all over the place have some fun in an empty parking lot and make the best of it till spring!
Donnie

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey Birdman...

...if you stay there long enough you will see snow. I was born in Ridgecrest and lived in Randsburg in my early life, and I do remember playing in it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hehe I moved from Northern Maine (Caribou that city all the way at the top) down to VA they call a shutdown for a dusting. Almost got in an accident 3 weeks ago because some azz pulled out right infront of me and slammed on his brakes, luckily swung my car across the brakedown lane and slide her sideways (snow was total slush) so if I went for the brake down lane I would have dived into the 6' deep ditch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like we got few more VA people here, Gary i'm at Mason also. You all should check out our local group www.mamn12.com

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Wolf Guard's LX 5.0 said:
Hehe I moved from Northern Maine (Caribou that city all the way at the top) down to VA they call a shutdown for a dusting. Almost got in an accident 3 weeks ago because some azz pulled out right infront of me and slammed on his brakes, luckily swung my car across the brakedown lane and slide her sideways (snow was total slush) so if I went for the brake down lane I would have dived into the 6' deep ditch.
woo hoo, someone else from maine

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hell Yeah, military brat, used to be at Loring before it closed. So we got that really cold stuff hehe.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Ayuh I'm from thayuh .... Maine that is..... I've lived in VA for 15 years now and don't miss those freezing azz winters bit. The Summer/Fall/Spring seasons in ME are wicked good though.

:tongue:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts