TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a noise coming from the back part of my 1993 Lincoln Mark Viii i just replace every bushing, and the shocks everything is tight and to spec. but when going down the road. sounds like aim bottoming out but aim not..

i have the spring conversions kit, and like i said everything is new

please help the tires are kinda old don't know if that make a difference

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,562 Posts
Wheel bearings can make all sorts of weird noises when they're on their last miles...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok is there an diagram of the rear hubs, or rear axles ? on this web site anywhere

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,562 Posts
Dunno. Remove the tire and brakes, remove the axle shaft retaining nut (36mm) and the three bolts holding the knuckle (be sure to support the LCA with a jack or something) on then get the bearings pressed at a shop. Save yourself big labor charges there. I bought a new bearing for the Cougar off RockAuto for like $35 and a local shop pressed the old one out and the new one in for me for $20.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now if thats the problem(wheel bearing) should i just replace both side or just the bad side? and if aim on a newly built road, one that is as smooth as a baby ass, it doesn't make a noise? still wheel bearing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have not replaced the "shock mount" but i have replaced the shock and bushings

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok here is a question about my "4.6 modular engine" my i have done a major tune up on the engine but it still shakes little, but runs good and i am pulling about 310hp on dyno. so my question is should i worry about the shake(like is it normal)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope shock mounts good,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts