TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of green cloth supercoupe seats out of an 89 or 90. They are in OK shape...the seat motors on the driver side work OK forward back/up down

however...on the drivers seat I have no bolster and no lumbar...push the buttons and nothing happens.

Passenger side, the motor for forward/back up/down is pretty weak, but does work. Bolster works to a point, seems like it should squeeze better, but the bolsters will move. Lumbar does nothing.

anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Green cloth??? I have never seen green cloth SC seats. Pics?
Either they are green or I am colorblind. I have never seen green either. was told that they where blue, and sent photos and the seats looked blue in the photos...I got to the dude's house and they where green...they are growing on me to the point that I almost want to do a green interior conversion :D These are early seats with the large bolsters, large tilting headrests...I need to replace the headrest retaining clips and lube the tracks and fix the motors, compressors, air lines and they'll be good...they're in fantastic shape...structurally...pI was told that they where bluics soon.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the compressor motor doing anything when you press the buttons? Check the rubber hoses for the bladders, either the rubber cracked apart or they are simply disconnected.

Green cloth?
Here's how it is so far...

DRIVERS SIDE:

push bolster button, no noise, no movement, nothing.

push button for lumbar, no noise, no movement, nothing.

PASSENGER SIDE:

push button for bolster, they move inward a bit, seem like they should squeeze harder, but they hold, they do not seem to leak. So the bolsters work. sorta.

push button for lumbar, nothing.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,378 Posts
Well green wasn't even an option until 94 and if memory serves me correct I don't believe they even made those in green.

Anyway, i'd yank the switch panel on the sides and check if there is power going to the contacts that are doing nothing (the contacts may just be bent as well). If the contacts are ok and have power.

The pass side sounds like the rubber hose is leaking.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Before I bought them, I was told they where blue...I was sent photos of them, they looked blue...here are the photos I was sent of the seats....they look blue in all of them except one shot where some sunlight hits, they look a bit green. here are the photos.

And here are the photos of them in my car...they look green to me...

Does anyone know of any replacement motors that will work with our seats? to move them forward/back/up/down? 94-04 mustangs have similar looking controls on their power seats...would those motors work?

and if I have to replace the compressors for the lumbar/bolsters, is there anywhere that I can get new ones? It seems that the only ford cars to use these kind of seats where the SC, SHO, and 1st gen Lightning...anything else?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
i am going with they are faded blue. i saw some cloth black ones that looked really dark blue (faded), but the rest of the interior was black (for the most part).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts