TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my brother just got back from work along with my car (he got it towed), it looks like it's a cracked intake manifold. luckily there is a recall for the '97 4.6L t-bird. before i go to ford to have it replaced, has anybody had problems with ford not wanting to do the repair for free.

thanks,

fat stan

·
Registered
117 Posts
shouldn't be a big deal

ive only seen 1 person have trouble around here, dont remember the 'stances , you shouldn't have a problem, Let us know if you get one thats been re-engineered with the aluminum insert like's on the new Stangs, We'd all like to know if they've fixed ours,

·
Registered
855 Posts
don't quote me on this but i think it has to have less than 100,000 miles or something like that.......again i could be blowing smoke up your ass but for some reason i'm just reminded of that......

MANY people have had their intakes changed and some 2 or 3 times w/o the dealers hassling them.

http://www.bonforums.com/recalls/engine_intake46.htm

more info there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
restrictions/conditions

i have one more thing to address. my car does have over 100,000 miles on it, actually 102,000 miles. will that void the recall? the only mods i have that are most closely linked to the manifold are a removed resonator, air-box and a k&n cone filter. is that a possible reason for them not to perform the recall. anyway, the car is going to be towed to the dealership tomorrow.

thanks again,

fat stan

·
Registered
621 Posts
94birdnj said:
don't quote me on this but i think it has to have less than 100,000 miles or something like that.......again i could be blowing smoke up your ass but for some reason i'm just reminded of that......

MANY people have had their intakes changed and some 2 or 3 times w/o the dealers hassling them.

http://www.bonforums.com/recalls/engine_intake46.htm

more info there.
No, the recall is for 7 years from your purchase date, and unlimited miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts