TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!! My car RUNS!!!! Apparently the problem this whole damn time has been the spark plugs. They're only a year old, but they were pitch black, corroded, and soaked in fuel from trying to start the car so many times. Replaced them with new 32c's and VROOM! I set the timing to about 16* advance where it seemed the happiest and adjusted the idle set screw because the cam seemed change it, but it still idled around 800-900rpm. I tell you what, filling up the gas tank for the first time in 5 months is the greatest feeling in the entire world, nothing beats it. Driving on the road with it after so long, its just amazing. The low end power seems to have gained nothing, although its hard to tell, but that was expected from getting the larger exhaust valve and a big cam set up for a turbo application. I took it on the interstate and hit 100mph before I even had to merge off the onramp. I used to hit about 75mph before when floored. I am amazed, I cant wait to get this thing dynotuned!

I'M SO FREAKIN HAPPY!

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Congrats bud. Glad to hear the beast lives. :)

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
I know that feeling...when i did my mark viii efan swap my car wouldn't run at first but after two days of trying of figuiring out what i was, the sound of the exhaust and the car starting was music to my ears...
Glad you found the prob!!!

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update, I am still VERY HAPPY! :D Just thought I'd let you all know in case you've forgotten.
-Thomas

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
what are you doing posting??? you should be out and about driving....

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
LOL Thomas, so this is the thread you told me to check out. I almost missed it cause of the tititle, then I sorta went "ehh I'll check." Glad to hear you finally got it running. You'd think with all the know-how you have you'd have looked at that already. I guess now we can call you the uber luber noober

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
That's awesome Thomas - I've got a real good idea how happy you are right now. Have fun driving it... I'm going to have to check out your beast now that it's running :) Between you and Julian, it's almost worth a trip over there just to check stuff out.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
243 Posts
"I have never, in my entire life, been happier than I am right now! "

Just wait until you meet some nice girls one day.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Bah, you know nothing. Wait til you become a father for the first time. No comparison my friend....no comparison.

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im actually a father to 4 kids accross Iowa... too many one night stands.

just kidding. :D
Yeah you should hop over here Andy, Julians motor looks awesome, and you better buckle yourself in for a ride too :eek:

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
congrats thomas, glad to hear that you got your baby back up and running, :thumbsup: , now hurry up and get tuned so you can put up some real numbers, later'z......:D

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Thomas said:
Im actually a father to 4 kids accross Iowa... too many one night stands.
welcome to Iowa

Oh, and he forgot to mention two kids are from an ex-g/f, one his current g/f, and the last one from his cousin :tongue:

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
Thomas, Its about time eh? didja ever find those other 2 cylinders?!?!?!?
Come on now.. you don't need 8 cylinders to be fast.. Come back here and I'll race you with my little 6 cylinder ;)

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
90 Posts
So what 's the latest Thomas???

Does anyone know about our "Secret Project"???

:D:D

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've told a few people, but I'm keeping it under wraps until its a finished product. I've also got another project I call 4rAOD going on too. Trying to keep the money flowing for both is hard, so the plates might take a month or so, just so you have a heads up.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts