TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ended up trading my 15" fanblades with four month old BFG RADIAL T/As on them....one was flat-spotted, the other three flawless...for these

Factory 16" wheels from a 90 SC...the wheels themselves are in fantastic shape...they have a set of GoodYear Eagle's on them...perfet like-new deep tread, and lots and lots of cracked dry rotted hard as a rock rubber :( so it looks like I'll have to buy new tires for them :cool: I like the wheels though :D

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I like the look, Im pretty much doing the same thing but with a gen1 front end and different spoiler. I'm already daydreaming about what mine is going to look like when its done. What kind of spoiler is that? SHO taurus?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really like the SC wheels; I might actually like those early ones better than the later style. It just feels a little weird to me having them going in different directions on either side of the car, but at least you don't have to worry about how it looks when you rotate the tires! :)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...and yeah, it's a Taurus SHO spoiler...basically the same color as the car...the non-directional thing about the wheels doesn't bother me...I notice it, but, no biggie...the lack of issues with rotating the tires is a BIG plus :) I like 'em a lot, totally changed the look of the car.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
When you get new tires, go with a 235 60 16 vs the stock size of 225 60 16. It is a much better fitting size tire, IMHO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Think ya need to switch some sides there? Spokes are wrong from side to side.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
89-92 where not directional...one side is always wrong...93-95 SC 96-97 SPORT are directional...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Think ya need to switch some sides there? Spokes are wrong from side to side.
That's just how the early SC wheels are. Later SC/Sport wheels have 2 different spoke designs for the left and right sides of the car.

When you get new tires, go with a 235 60 16 vs the stock size of 225 60 16. It is a much better fitting size tire, IMHO.
Good call. 235/60/16 is just SLIGHTLY taller, too.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you get new tires, go with a 235 60 16 vs the stock size of 225 60 16. It is a much better fitting size tire, IMHO. :thumbsup:
What about running a 245/??/16 can I go that wide all the way around? what should the sidewall be on a 245 if I can, in fact, go with it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
245/60/16 is starting to get pretty tall, and 245/50 is really short. I have 245/60/15's on the front of my Elite. That's on a 15 inch wheel and it's not exactly a small tire; 16-inch would be even bigger. A lot of people seem to like 255/50/16, which I think still looks really short. 255 is about at the limit of how wide a tire you should put on a 7" wide wheel. I really like the idea of 255/55/16 on the back, but there are very few choices in that size.

I would go with 235/60. Too short of a tire looks funny and there a lot more choices in this size, plus higher speed ratings if that matters to you. Try to stay around the stock 27" overall diameter. That's what size I will go with if I can't figure out something with the 255/55 in the rear.

·
Registered
483 Posts
nice looking ride. I personally have 235/60/16 tires on my spare 95 SC rims and they fill the wheel gap nicely. My car is lowered so it gives a nice look. for me the gigantic wheel gap is no good at all. you certainly could use more sidewall to even out the stance. If you could get a 235/60/16 without being on a rim and just place it beside the rim and tire thats on there now I'm sure you would like it, they are also fairly wide but not huge. GL with picking some out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow! i had no idea. you would have though ford would have paid a little more attention to detail:(
They were... except the detail they were paying attention to was cost! ;)
After the new MN12 platform took off, they made the newer directional style.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 16x7's now, too! :D
I actually found a set of the chrome 93-95 style, with the Tbird logo centers. Can't wait to get some rubber on them and put them on the car. They look 100% brand-new. Either somebody cleaned and rechromed them or they've never been mounted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts