TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay.

I bought a 1997 4.6 Bird today. 134K, that funky royal blue color (not in the greatest of shape, but it's fine for daily-driver work), 3.27's, and I got it for a grand total of $125 plus a carpet install in a Dodge Durango.

Believe it or not, I actually drove the car home, lol. I got it from a girl I know, and I had already done quite a bit of work to this car. She got the Dodge as a replacement daily driver (she thought the T-bird was dying...but she couldn't part with some of her Starbucks money for a new MAF), and a gigantic fuel bill as a reward for switching to the Chrysler Company, even though I warned her against getting the Turdango.

I was actually going to buy a nice one....but this one really isn't in that bad of shape, and I'm not really putting any miles on cars any longer, ever since I got the hell out of Portland, so the cash I was going to spend on just buying a car...it's going for some early mods, one of them being a 1996 Mustang Cobra T45 that I just bought today from a friend for $200.

Not sure if I'm going to put the 5-speed in this car (I'm keeping my 1992 Sport 5.0, it may go in there along with a 4.6), but I thought this tranny was too good of a deal to pass up on.

Gee, I might actually have to buya membership here or something now.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Congrats on the modular Bird!

You gave up on the 5.0 so soon??.. :tongue:

Good Luck!

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
"Turdango"

:uppoint:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
Meh, never mind about the profile. I mis-read what you have there...

In a nutshell; I'm a power plant inspector - mostly nuclear power plants.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meh, never mind about the profile. I mis-read what you have there...
I changed it to be a smart ass.

Nukular power plant inspector, huh? Fascinating. Had no idea that a T-bird-driving, internet message board hooligan was inspecting our (not-so) great nation's powerplants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts