TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been at work since 6:19 this moring and its now 7:13pm .
Not even a lunch just breaks .

Good thing im hourly .

Whats the longest you guys have worked non stop ?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
10 hrs

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we have to stop working now at 7:30 pm , the system has to update .

Time to go home .

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
5 am to 9 pm, getting the store ready for the day after thanksgiving... man that day blew, but my paycheck was nice...12 extra hours that week.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
7:30 A.M to 10:00 P.M.

An entire day of full details at work(before thanksgiving)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Well, if you count bootcamp when I was a jarhead, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 2 minutes of R&R, then another 23 hours and 59 minutes of fun in the sun in San Diego and 29 Palms.

After that, I would guess when we did inventories we did 18 hour shifts regularly, over in SWA during Desert Storm there were easily 30 hour days.

Now I have a cushy job, some extra hours but I set my limit at 12 hours (I work 10 hour days already anyways), when I was hourly I used to rake in the cash, I maxed out the hours per day and for the week, worked weekends and past midnight for the max differential (I got 17% for my normal hours, and 17% plus time and half, then 17% plus double time).

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
34 Hours

34 Hours. August 30 and 31, 2005. We spent a day chasing inclusions out of a weld on a deaerator tank (part of a boiler system) and then drove to Myrtle Beach, SC to X-Ray the roof of a hotel for the installation of a new cell phone tower. In my line of work you can charge for travel time to and from a job site. We started work at 6am on the 30th and finished up around 4pm on the 31st.

Two weeks later we were on a project in Lousiana working hurricane Katrina relief 12 hours a day, seven days a week, for a month.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
18 hours. 7 loading vans, and another 11 on the road delivering and picking up packages. I almost went into the conference room and slept but i drove the hour home.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
I've hit 30hrs a few times. Not fun but by then you are half out of your mind anyway.
You got that right. You kinda get a second wind at about 18 hours or when the sun comes up. Then you're just pushing yourself all the way to 30+. Catching cat naps and what are referred to as microsleeps along the way.

[DROOL]:eek:[/DROOL]

·
Registered
514 Posts
36 hours straight here. Was an assistant manager of a small convenience store and the manager was on vacation in Germany so I was working his shift plus mine already then my replacement called off. It wasn't too bad though I just felt like I was drunk near the end.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Screw that! There's no way I'd sit around a convenience store for 36 hours.

You're a real trooper. I'd have told the guy that called in "You think you're sick now, wait until I get ahold of you!"

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Used to work for "Two Men and a Truck" as a mover before my job now, we had a move that lasted 18 hours and got a $100 tip at the end. Sure was a nice check....but sure did a toll on the body the next day.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
When I was 18 I got up at 7 went to school by 7:30 at noon I went to my co-op job. At 3 I went to the next co-op job. At 6:30 I went to Mcdonalds to do maintenance until close (1am-3am). Saturdays I busted my butt to get out by one to go party at the dam with all my buddies. Sundays I slept. That lasted for about 6 months. It sucks having to pay your way through school yourself, but if you don't sometimes no one else will. Even now I am up by 10am to answer the phones and order parts...etc.. I watch the baby all day and when the wife gets home I work until 2-3am.
Alan

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
2 weeks ago I worked from 7am to 3:30 (straight time) then 3:30 to 11 overtime. Easy overtime though I drove a 08 f-350 dually around to put miles on it!

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Longest I've worked was 4 19-hour days & a 20-hour day as well. Did it ever suck but I enjoyed the 45 hours of overtime on that check (over a 2-week time frame if you were wondering) :D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Longest I did was 21 hours straight, driving a 5 ton for a good part of that. Then back at it again for 5am the next day. It violated the labour code and prob some others.

If you want to count work to school to work without sleep then it was 3 days before I was finally able to stop. Ive done two days straight like that more than I want to think about. Usually its 18-20 hour days. 6 hours of sleep is a good night for me lol.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts