TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I Know if I have the Romeo or Windsor engine. I have a feeling most are wondering and willing to learn where to look. To see where we can find out what type of 4.6 we have. I wanted to ask that to be honest I wanted to start a post to help find out what typ of 4.6 we have. Where to look to see what we have before ordering or pulling off parts off of a engine and swaping parts. To actually know what it is and go from there. Me personally i forgot where to look and what 4.6 v8 i have to see what type of pi set up to get one off of a windsor or a romeo. Some thing along those lines. I think it will help majority of us to go finnally i know now and start to go from there.

·
Super Moderator
17,170 Posts
Car = Romeo
Truck = Windsor
99-01 Mustang GT =Windsor

It really doesn't matter though. The only thing you'd need if you got Windsor heads is a pair of Windsor valve covers.

-Windsor heads have individual cam caps, whereas Romeos are girdled
-Windsor cams have pressed on sprockets rather than the Romeo's bolt ons
-Windsors have 13 bolt valve covers vs the Romeo's 11

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just wanted to start this thread to also help others as well. i wasent sure because i thaught my mustang engine and the one in the cougar were the same. Also to help others as well if it was the same perdicament i was in on not being sure. my cougar is a 95 but my dad got it in october of 94. but under the hood it said and also the vin i gave the insurance company they said it was a 95. i wanted to narrow it down. thank you for the replie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts