TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys I read the search and I saw that you can put 8" wheels all the way around I want the widest tires in the back not to exaggerated either. Maybe like 9 inches wide and 18s because I plan on dropping it an inch or 1.6 thanks fo any input

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you could easily put a 10 inch wide tire on an 8" wide rim.

255mm = ~10 inches.

Just keep to the maker's specs and you'll be fine.

·
The Parts Guy
7,421 Posts
:zwthstpd: A 9" wide tire ain't nothin. As soon as they get here, I'll be runnning 10.75" wide rear tires on my 90 XR7.

-Rod

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what do you think would be the best choice I just want more traction I want 18s with maybe a nine or 10 inches wide can I do it can anyone show me any wheels like that preferably 5 spoke

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ok, to avoid confusion in the future. Wheels are generally measured in Inches diameter X width. (ex. 18x9) Tires are usually measured in MM (215, 225, 275, etc.) A given wheel width will handle a certain range of tire sizes.

Now given that information, are you curious as to what size tire you can put on 8" wheels? Or what size tire will give you the best traction?

A little more specific question will generate more specific and accurate answers.

·
The Parts Guy
7,421 Posts
veyito_169 said:
okay what I want in the rear is 18X9or10 and for the front 18x8 or something like that
You'll probably want to go with 18x9's on the rear, as you may have trouble fitting 18x10's on the rear.

-Rod

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what about the front should I go with 18x8 or can I put 9 with no issues? any wheels you know that are made this size?

·
The Parts Guy
7,421 Posts
It depends completely on the offset of the wheel.

There are quite a few wheels available in those sizes for our cars. If you do a search or simply browse some of the posts in this forum, you'll see that quite a few people are running 18's.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,421 Posts
veyito_169 said:
what about 18 by 9 in the rear the one I saw he had 18x8 all the way around
As long as the wheel is made with the correct offset and bolt pattern, an 18x9 will have no problem fitting on the rear. Some people are even running 9" wheels on the front without trouble.

There is more than one person here running 18" wheels.

-Rod

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man that is nice do any of you know the offset so I can put maybe 18x10 in the rear would it be easier to switch to mustang bolt pattern?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts