TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plugs to get? I do alot of expressway driving and i heard that colders plug are not good for that. So should I just go one step colder with the 22c or would it be safe to use the 12c? Or just stay with the 32c?

I will be going with PI heads and all the other good stuff if that will make a difference.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
No...

unless you have detonation under high load or run too hot (and not going by the idiot ford gauge) you don't need colder plugs.

If you are spending the $$$ on PI heads I hope you are getting a chip too. If so, it can be programmed for use with a 180deg T-stat and 22c plugs. It results in more power and better mileage, with slight increase in engine wear.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: No...

GreenBird said:
unless you have detonation under high load or run too hot (and not going by the idiot ford gauge) you don't need colder plugs.

If you are spending the $$$ on PI heads I hope you are getting a chip too. If so, it can be programmed for use with a 180deg T-stat and 22c plugs. It results in more power and better mileage, with slight increase in engine wear.
How much is "slight?":D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Damn it!

You made me pull out the calculator!

196(stock)-180(mod)=16deg
16/196=8.163264%
so 100,000miles of driving with 180deg t-stat will give the same wear of 108,163 miles of driving with a 196deg t-stat.

HAPPY?!

·
Registered
244 Posts
why does running at a lower temperature make the engine "have" more miles on it? i would think the lower temp would be somewhat beneficial, i could see if the tstat was like 120 degrees or something. please do explain to my curious mind.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
here is what to do and if anyone tells you any different tell them to shut the **** up.

22c - na
12c - poweradder (nitrous/SC/turbo)

run them with stock motorcraft plugwires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts