TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if anyone has but in the 96 to 98 SHO 145mph guage cluster in there 97 t-bird.

Does it work?

Does any one have a picture of it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
From what I have been told it nobody has done it and it may not be possible. So I'm afraid to say we may be stuck with the 120mph speedo. :mad:

My earlier post

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
try a pre-96 SHO cluster in your 97, those look like a good match. ive never seen a 96+ cluster but going by the interior i can imagine they arent an easy swap.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'll take this one....

drawbacks of using the SHO cluster is our engine doesn't have a 7K redline (niether does a SHO, LOL) and you lose an odometer digit. This is NOT the cluster the article speaks of.

I'm the one who brought this up recently, and has since become very annoying because people are confusing the old cluster pictured above and the 150mph speedo. You need a cluster from a 96-99 SHO and a 1997 bird. The main thing is to match up the wiring...physical differences are much easier for most people to deal with.

I will take care of the older SHO cluster (89-95) in a bird (89-96 non digital) sometime in the next couple of weeks (taking pics for seats then)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts