TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am sure that some of you know that I am stationed in Germany, right? Well, I am need of a radiator, and the transmission coolant lines. I would prefer to have a little bit better radiator since my car seems to running at a constant speed of 100 mph or better on the autobahn. Any ideas. I am sure that there is a search I could do, but unfortunately, I am currently working and I don't have that much time to search, the seargent would really kill me if he knew I was on the internet at work. Thanks

:D

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
03 cobra radiator is thicker than stock and all aluminum....you'll also need the cobra fan & shroud, along with the pigtail to replace the stock pigtail harness......you'll also need a tranny cooler since no cobra was offered with an automatic, so the cobra radiator does not have the heat exchanger for the tranny fluid

the tranny cooler to get is this one:

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MDITP&Category_Code=TCCHD

that is the one JL found ....the 4739 or the 4739-1

this is from a post by chadg:

"Spent my evening today swapping this beauty into the car. Here's my quick rundown.

-Lower Rad hose connection is larger than stock. Stock spring-clamp won't fit, and the hose barely fits on at all.

-Battery & Batt Tray had to be removed temporarly in my case to get the new radiator in.

-As noted the radiator doesn't have a tranny cooler built in, you'll need to have an external one.

-The radiator brakets on the CAR need to be swapped left to right and flipped upside-down. This will enable the wider and taller radiator to look stock. Bottom studs are tight, but fit in stock holes/bushings.

-You need a new wiring harness for the new fan shroud. Ford PN: 1U2Z-14S411-AGA

-Harness Wiring:
Black (Car) to Black (Rad)
Blue (Car) to Red/Orange (Rad)
Black/Red (Car) to Red/Blue (Rad)

The cooling efficiency of this radiator is wonderful. Before my temps would creep up if I was travelling at high RPM's. Now I can cruise at 3k for miles without the temp flinching over 180.
"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks, I have a tranny cooler on currently, but I am sure that it is not the best one in the world. I bought it at Advanced Auto back in the states, it was the biggest that they had ( about 10" X 18" X 1") do you think that this will work, or should I actually just spend the extra cash and get a real one?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
guitar maestro said:
03 cobra radiator is thicker than stock and all aluminum....you'll also need the cobra fan & shroud, along with the pigtail to replace the stock pigtail harness......you'll also need a tranny cooler since no cobra was offered with an automatic, so the cobra radiator does not have the heat exchanger for the tranny fluid

HAHAHA ther no MUSTANG`S in germany ,you make me smil man,ther no T-Bird ,only\mostly you find em if somowne in the ARMY like "Chknhawk97"
so CH.97 i did a serch and found this (it´s in english) hope it helps some i didnt check it all,thats your turn now .
MAIC
http://www.a2-16v.com/oldarchive/1998/May/0347.html
yes and check out the cat,COUGAR 1999 FORD here http://www.ford-club-hot-engines.de/
MAIC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for the info guys, it really sucks not knowing where to go to get parts or any help here in Germany. It is ashame because I can only set my cruise at 100mph due to that stupid limiter! MAIC, thanks for the info!

·
8,239 Posts
hey dude, if you need a radiator. I can order one from radiatorbarn.com and have it shipped to my place, then i'll ship it out via fedex international if you like.

Fedex picks up here every day so its no big deal.

Price looks like 113.63 plus whatever fedex international costs.

JH

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thanks man (JustinH) I am definitely in the market, but as the Army is known for doing, I am facing deployment (just a possibility for now) so I have to take it slow, I will know for sure if I am staying in Germany or if I am going elsewhere in a couple of weeks. I am assuming that this is just a replacement with no where to hook up the transmission lines? If so than great, otherwise, I am going to have to get new tranny lines since I cut mine for the cooler install (easier that way). Thanks again, you guys rock :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts