384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 351C i what to drop in to my 95 t-bird
has any 1 done it before??

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
it is being done.
Blah...I forget the name, he is a michigan boy though.
Search for 351C, his signature talks about he progress on his 351C.

Use the search button.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you’re going carb, I don’t think it matters what year Bird you use. I’m not familiar with the 351c, but if it uses standard Windsor motor mounts and transmissions, then it shouldn’t be too difficult.

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
I don't remember if he is running a Cleveland or Windsor, but 95badbird has a 351 in his 95 LX.

-Rod

·
Registered
583 Posts
PoweredBy351C is his name. He's done the swap. Once upon a time, the same thought had crossed my mind.. but alas, I live in NC where those horrid emissions inspection things exist. Shame. Check out the 5.0/5.8 forum.. there have been threads there. You'll find more 351W folks than 351C folks there.. but don't let them talk you out of it :p I, for one, am for the 351C.. especially with a new block being in development.. revival approaches.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks guys

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its one thing that you have it, you need to find a tranny that will bolt up thats leaves c4 and c6, you will have to custom make headers to fit this car, the motor mounts off a 91-93 5.0 car will fit, but for 91-92 you can only use the top plates. yes people have carbs on some of these, being yours is a v8 car, stay with a 4.6 and leave the swap for a v6 car. i dont like clevlands or m's and i personally think its a waste of time . but its your car

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jk89cat said:
its one thing that you have it, you need to find a tranny that will bolt up thats leaves c4 and c6...
...or AOD.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
tinman_72 said:
...or AOD.

aod wont bolt up to a c or m , they use the 429/460 bell housing

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jk89cat said:
aod wont bolt up to a c or m , they use the 429/460 bell housing
The 351 Cleveland uses the small block Ford pattern. Proof.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Great Obucina said:
are you absolutely sure you want a 351?
eather that or buld up a turbo 4.6W

if i whated to be that same as every1 els i would buy a fox sting

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
tinman_72 said:
The 351 Cleveland uses the small block Ford pattern. Proof.

i was thinking the m had the same as a c, my bad

·
Registered
2 Posts
find a '93 tbird/cougar V8, for parts , and go that route. plus you get the AODE that will bolt directly to your 351C. of course while the tranny is out you can find a 4R70W and swap all the internals. you can carb it , but i think emission & performance wise you'd be better off with the EFI.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jk89cat said:
i was thinking the m had the same as a c, my bad
It is easy to see how they could be mixed up. It shows the 302 Cleveland as having the big block pattern.
On a side note that has almost nothing to do with this thread, Wikipedia shows that the first two casting runs of the 4.6 have the SBF pattern. (IE: same as a 302.) I have never heard that before. That could certainly make things easier for putting a modular into an older car.

·
The Parts Guy
7,330 Posts
tinman_72 said:
On a side note that has almost nothing to do with this thread, Wikipedia shows that the first two casting runs of the 4.6 have the SBF pattern. (IE: same as a 302.) I have never heard that before. That could certainly make things easier for putting a modular into an older car.
Yep, those were the '92 Crown Vic 4.6L's.

-Rod

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guys thnaks for all your help but dad talked me into a 4cam mark8 motor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts