TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Future Bros:

Im going to hopefully be getting a 92 sport 5.0 in the next couple of months. If you would please share what mods you guys have done, and any suggestions on what cam,maf, throttle body , manifold, headers, lifters heads and any thing else I forgot to mention.

·
Registered
489 Posts
by far my best mod is my 5-speed, as for headers go to JBA for the good stuff. And for an intake either the 94-95 cobra or TFS with the 94-95 adapter would be good, its best to get this intake with some heads with good sized intake ports, i like the tfs heads but there are sooo many to choose from and for cams depends on the set up dont go too wild with a stock converter

Josh

·
Registered
647 Posts
Pretty.

Prettier.

Prettiest:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
im not much into 5.0's, but ive seen only good results with TFS heads, upper and lower intakes. a good head, cam and stall choice will go a long way. alot of mustangs are going mid 12's with TFS heads and intakes. if i were ever to get a 5.0, it would have TFS heads and intake on it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This is quoting Lonnie in the More Power thread:

I never said that the aftermarket intakes wouldn’t make more power. Torque is what gets you moving not the hp. Going to a large intake will cost you torque, the trade off for hp. So the idea is to stay with long runner style intakes. Long runners produce low-end torque. The more torque the faster you accelerate. This is why higher numerical gears cause the car to accelerate quicker, they multiply the torque. Going with a larger intake with shorter runners kills bottom end torque but increases top end hp. This is the same case with the larger ports of larger intakes. Your air velocity is slowed down at low/mid rpms so your not filling the cylinders and lose hp/tq. For a stock to mild engine, especially in the heavy MN12s you want to stay under 240 cfm per runner. The stock intake is around 190. This is why the best all around intake for these cars has been the Cobra intake. It has the long runners, somewhat larger ports and 225 cfm per runner. The street TFS intake is probably the next best. Your stock heads are maxed out at 155 cfm from .450” lift and above. So what’s the use going to anything larger than those two intakes on a stock or mild engine, your not going to make any more power. So go ahead and spend your money on that Holley System Max or something larger and we’ll all watch you going slower.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well, the cobra and gt40 are quite similar, and use the same lower. However, getting a gt40 under the hood could be quite an undertaking. My vote goes for the 94-95 cobra. That's what I have.

John

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Personally, I trust Lonnie's advice. Check out his car in Reader's Rides sometime. He owns a 92 T-Bird. He has considerable knowledge. I plan on a Cobra also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks bros.

Thanks for all the info on the manifold. Any thoughts on The throttle body , maf, cam and internals. Also do you think i should get aftermarket heads or bore out the stock ones.

Thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would go with the GT-40 it flows better than the Cobra one............If I ever change my upper its gonna be for a GT-40.....It helps out alot when going to NOS or a S/C.......I personally Feel that the Trick Flow intake isnt that great.....
Just my .02 cents...If you want some power go with a E-303 Cam with 1.6 rollers or a B-303 with 1.7 rollers when you get that intake .....my buddy's '95 GT picked up so much more with the GT-40 intake and E-303 cam......The best heads I think are the AFR 185s.....Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
4 Posts
how much would those different intake manifolds each run? i wanna beef up my 93 5.0. where could i find these (locally, as in southern california)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts