TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I put my new exhaust today and car still won't work normally, RPM'S are sky high... When I start the engine, the RPM will stay at 1100 and then like in 3 mins it will go all the way to 2000RPM. I don't get it why. I checked all vacums lines, when the car was on, I disconected the IDLE cable and the same, then tried the vacum on and same. Also, when car was on, I lifted the oil dipstick and the RPM will lower a little bit but then go to 2000RPM. What can it be... Please Help me..

P.S. Also, my Oil gauge does not work at all, it stay at 0 and my voltage gauge is below the middle line:confused:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
check the voltage on the IAC. That's where I'd start.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yeah dood....

check the IAC.... I will bet you money its the problem.,.. You pull that thing off and clean it up It might still work... Other wise go buy a 45 dollar replacment... (autozone)

I had to do this exact thing when I bought my 94 4.6

MG

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Hey Tx_Cat, what IAC are you using with the new engine? Did you put the T-Bird one back on? I know when I swapped that 03 intake on my car with the mustang IAC my idle was all screwed up. So I put the T-Bird one back on and it was fixed!

With the engine running, unplug the IAC connector and see if it stalls (it should). If not the IAC is being bypassed.

Also check you TPS out. That can mess up your idle too. When I swapped my old TPS on my car would idle at 2000 and it was a mission to stop the car. When I let go of the brake the car would accelerate up to 30mph with no gas.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tony said:
Hey Tx_Cat, what IAC are you using with the new engine? Did you put the T-Bird one back on? I know when I swapped that 03 intake on my car with the mustang IAC my idle was all screwed up. So I put the T-Bird one back on and it was fixed!

With the engine running, unplug the IAC connector and see if it stalls (it should). If not the IAC is being bypassed.

Also check you TPS out. That can mess up your idle too. When I swapped my old TPS on my car would idle at 2000 and it was a mission to stop the car. When I let go of the brake the car would accelerate up to 30mph with no gas.

Good luck!

Dude, I have the same problem. The thing will idle at 2100 and when letting of will go like you said... I'll check the IAC first, because when I discconected nothing happened, so I think it's by-passed, I'll check the cables, I think i switched them:leftright

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Tx_Cat said:

Dude, I have the same problem. The thing will idle at 2100 and when letting of will go like you said... I'll check the IAC first, because when I discconected nothing happened, so I think it's by-passed, I'll check the cables, I think i switched them:leftright
It doesn't matter if you switched the wires, because your car is not stalling when its unplugged period. I don't think messing with the throttle blade screw helped things either.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well NRL, you are right man. Tony, I did what you said and nothing happened. I change the IAC and out the 95, same thing happened, re-installed the 03, changed wires, same thing, so that tells me that the IAC is bypassed??? So, how in Jesus name do I un-bypassed it??? TPS seems to be normal.. Other than that, I looked and checked everything.. :( Any other ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts