TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im in the process of shipping my old wheels to a buyer but I dont know who to go through for shiping. The wheels are 17x9 with tires and off my dakota. Is there any way I can get these things shipped for about 100$ ???

Mike

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
When i shipped my 18x8 wheels (no tires) i think it was around $25 each wheel. I had some large boxes and lots of bubble wrap...they went through UPS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used UPS last year to ship out 4 10 hole wheels. I bought "TV boxes" from u-haul, and the wheels had PLENTY of room (the tires were still mounted on the wheels). They charged me $90 to go from Ohio to Denver, CO.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I shipped mine without tires.. the tires we're garbage. I can see 17x8's costing that much to ship.. especially with the tires mounted on them.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
1Bad-95Cougar said:
What are you guys useing to ship? the wheels are 17x8 with tires
ill tell you what i normally see at work. if the tires are still on it, most people will just cover that actual wheel itself with cardboard on one or both sides and tape it to the tire, over some kind of saran wrap.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys, I think ill just go with the cardboard over the actual wheel and go through ups ground.

Michael

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
1Bad-95Cougar said:
Thanks for the help guys, I think ill just go with the cardboard over the actual wheel and go through ups ground.

Michael

Careful with UPS and no actual box, they charged me a few bucks more each tire when i sent a set with no boxes..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts