TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be lacking all kinds of muscle, the only thing i have done is to put in a k&N filter. Crazy no? Anyway i need any and all ideas for my car. Please, in all your wise wisdom, help a newb tuner figure out how to fry rice:p

·
Registered
801 Posts
well........

your really not going to get much out of your 3.8, trust me i know from experience (i own one) but you can get better than your current stock 140 horses, heres a good website for big mods meaning if you want are interested in huge mods for your engine its www.supersixmotorsports.com , but if you just wants a couple of horses iw would stick with a j-chip,pullies,intake,exhaust ect......

Marvin M.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Do the minor mods then spiff it up and drive it like a luxury car. Then buy yourself a Mustang. I was going to swap my homeless 302 in to my '90 base, but kind of thought (once I started totalling up the costs of a new drive train and everything else I'd need) "WTF am I thinking?" And I'm just going to be on the lookout for a Fox-body Mustang that needs an engine.

Pesimistic? Oh yeah. Broke and frustrated this winter? No way ;-)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: well........

Marvin M. said:
your really not going to get much out of your 3.8, trust me i know from experience (i own one) but you can get better than your current stock 140 horses, heres a good website for big mods meaning if you want are interested in huge mods for your engine its www.supersixmotorsports.com , but if you just wants a couple of horses iw would stick with a j-chip,pullies,intake,exhaust ect......

Marvin M.
That is if your not already Super charged... :)

If you are looking for more power the easiest thing to do id buy a v8 you wioll also not have to worry about Headgaskets but if you dont want to give up on your car then www.supersixmotorsports.com is what you need.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys but i did some shopping and i think i can get my beast to pull harder.
-Cervini Hood
-Xenon Body Panels
-underdrive pulleys
-AEM custom ram air system
-Hi-Po Powerpack 3.8L modification
-Edelbrock 70mm throttle body
-t3 t4 ball bearing turbos with intercooler
-Nice paint(the only mod that adds mystery horsepower, nice paint=faster car)
-Fibreglass Body panels
-Silencer removal
-Custom exhaust and dynomax muffler
-Displacement up
-tinted windows (adds low end torque, i **** you not ;))
NEWAY i got to go to work now, or ill never make this bird fly.
bye

(I hope, i really really hope, to break 300 horses =))

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
What's the price tag on all of THAT? ;)

Good luck man, take pictures! ;-)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
300 HP is easy on the 3.8L, heck I'm at 210hp right now should be around 300 at the crank when the vortech supercharger gets put on in the spring.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
-t3 t4 ball bearing turbos with intercooler
<snip>
(I hope, i really really hope, to break 300 horses =)
With twin turbos, he's gonna' break SOMETHING ;-) But you're right, if can be done with the right combination of parts and a whole lot of determination... or money, or something like that ;-)

JK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
my bad i meant t3 or t4 turbos, this aint no rb26dett, its a ford v6 :D

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Oh, right right right, sorry, it just looked to me like you meant plural of one, sorry. That'd be a heckuva setup though ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PRICE TAG

Not a very accurate thing, depends how much ppl will charge for bending and customizations of parts, im guess around 10000 maybe less maybe more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see the crazy thing is, i want those turbos but i also want to compound charge it, wouldnt that be sweet supercharger and turbocharger with ram air CRAZY!!! oh it is possible and all in the thunderbird with mostly forged parts now, forged rods, pistons and others, also the stage 4 hi-po powerpack will illeviate some of the risks of the generous horsepower ill be running. NOS?>????? could it happen? will it kill me? who knows? how fast will i be going when i die? is an interesting thought though.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah... you're going to need to buy your self an EEC tuner... you'll be working the timing on that thing 'till your dying day :D Seriously though, if you've got the means, why not?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank god for a job that pays, a 16 year old, 11.50 an hour to cook

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
God and Sizzler ;-) (Just a guess, probably wrong...)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so whered you buy your dual flowmasters from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
can you explain to me in detail whats up with that silencer thingy id be much obliged josh me good fellow

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
As for the silencer, it's a plastic box in the fender well that connects to the air box and "quites" the intake charge. It's got kind of a trumpet end on it and it's pretty restrictive.

And, thanks for the compliment, I like to think it sounds good. For me it was more about performance than sound, but I didn't want it to sound like crap either, you know.

JK

1 - 20 of 65 Posts