TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently living in a studio apartment while in college, $350 a month utilities paid which is the going price for that deal in this town. Ill be done with school next December, that is if I don't go to grad school. Anyway, last night my bike (bicycle) was stolen. I have found people sitting on my car and one time I saw a guy looking in it. There are also a lot of drugs (from what Ive been told) going through this place. The positives of this place is that it is less than a mile from campus. Near just about every type of store, and is right off a major road.
Just by what I have said here, would you reccommend me move, or just keep the police on speed dial. BTW, I make about $700 a month usually and my bills other than rent are about $150.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Maybe consider a roommate and a 2BR apt? When I move out (next year I hope) I'm gonna look for a roommate, though the pickings are getting slim :D

Otherwise, shop around and see what else is available in your area. You might find a studio apartment in a better neighborhood for about the same money.

-Melon

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd recommend buying a gun. Maybe even a permit to carry? If 350 is the going rate I'd also start shopping. Being a mile away sure comes in handy though but that apply to the rifraff too.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Ya get that kinda crap everywhere, hell had some ******* walk right into my backyard trying to grab my bike, he was in for a shock. People have tried to break into my car a few times, dog scares them off everytime. If ya do stay, get a little LED light and mount it in the console or on the dash. Ever since I installed my starter kill last year with the LED in the lock cylinder, mounted by the shifter, nobody ever goes near it anymore, and with what is living around here thats impressive.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It all depends on you, if you can handle the drug thing and people standing around your
car, stay there. If you can't, I would try to find another studio somewhere else.
It might be a little further away, but you would make up for it with peace of mind.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts